Success Score and New level system is the WORST change in Fiverr ever, agree?

It is very frustrating the new level system on Fiverr and particularly their opaque, unclear and pathetic "Success Score" system; I have 8 years on Fiverr, nearly a thousand sales, 4. 8 on average and for the first time in a long time, I have had no sales in over a month. After their new level reduced me to zero, without me being able to know why, as Fiverr has taken the determination to make the rating criteria private and unclear; in the official documents, it is obvious that Fiverr intends to hide the key criteria to show this factor, and I have even tried to delve into the forum, to see if users have managed to elucidate what it is, but it all seems more confusing and frustrating than ever; I don't know when or how these criteria is updated, and it seems that much less, when no more orders or queries are arriving, today I have no choice but to put more effort in other platforms that really work, let me know the day that Fiverr returns to respect their sellers, with transparent, open and fair criteria.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

Yes, there are a large number of freelancers complainig about sucess score and new rating system. I don't see any quick fix to it in the near future either.
Let's just not put all eggs in one basket and try to diversify our portfolio.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

Please what can I do Fiverr refuses to send code for verification when it was time for me to withdraw and I have sent series of messages to them without no responses for about 12 hours now. And also I have tried to change the number I use in other to put another one still no code was sent to me.

Please what can I do?

• Like 4
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, agenciawem said:

I have 8 years on Fiverr, nearly a thousand sales, 4. 8 on average and for the first time in a long time, I have had no sales in over a month.

The success score system takes cancellations into consideration as well. By looking at your profile, I think those cancellations from years ago might be the issue. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

I fully agree. fiverr is treating us like garbage. giving all the power to buyers. now we are forced to accept abusive behavior from buyers in fear of bad reviews. As they said above, we should no longer rely on Fiverr to pay our bills. we have to find other means and other platforms. The solution I'm trying is to create new gigs and hope to receive orders from old buyers, then when I have a success score from these new gigs, close the old one. This way we can have a better success score since older gigs with many orders in history are being harmed

• Like 6
  • Up 1

I agree with @visualstudios on this one. When the buyer doesn't even know what kind of review they're leaving until it's done and have to guess by clicking emojies on three different pages... On what claims to be a serious freelance site who's working on going upmarket... I mean. Yeah. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

I am very sorry to say that the new level system is one of the worst decisions Fiverr has ever made. It will be neither good for buyers nor sellers. I think the only thing this system can do is eradicate sellers with great track records from Fiverr.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2024 at 7:27 PM, agenciawem said:

It is very frustrating the new level system on Fiverr and particularly their opaque, unclear and pathetic "Success Score" system; I have 8 years on Fiverr, nearly a thousand sales, 4. 8 on average and for the first time in a long time, I have had no sales in over a month. After their new level reduced me to zero, without me being able to know why, as Fiverr has taken the determination to make the rating criteria private and unclear; in the official documents, it is obvious that Fiverr intends to hide the key criteria to show this factor, and I have even tried to delve into the forum, to see if users have managed to elucidate what it is, but it all seems more confusing and frustrating than ever; I don't know when or how these criteria is updated, and it seems that much less, when no more orders or queries are arriving, today I have no choice but to put more effort in other platforms that really work, let me know the day that Fiverr returns to respect their sellers, with transparent, open and fair criteria.

I'm having the same issue. Luckily I sell for a pretty Niche topic so I'm still getting the same amount of orders, but I've gotten around five 5-star orders in the past week and haven't seen a single change and each client selected that I did well in every category. Its been stuck at 4 since it was launched and is utterly ridiculous. Each day Fiverr feels like more and more of a robotic useless corporation, not that they weren't already before but I've never seen the lack of seller support from a company ever. I hope that they will address this soon but I'm losing hope to be honest.

• Like 3

Yeah, I've also noticed a decline in new orders recently. I find my self reducing prices to try compensate for low inquires. I recently became a TRS and have not seen any major growth. In fact as I have mentioned, things have slowed down.

• Like 2

I have already been negatively impacted by it. Although Buyer gave me a 4-star rating, I believe the old system was good and we should go back to it. I hope Fiverr will consider scrapping the new system." 

Thank

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2024 at 9:51 PM, donnovan86 said:

The success score system takes cancellations into consideration as well. By looking at your profile, I think those cancellations from years ago might be the issue. 

Thanks for your comment, although it seems to me that fiverr is not really rating issues from years ago, I deduce this from my personal experience, because the gigs where fiverr rates me, (only in 2 I see a rating in the Success Score section), are recent gigs, my best selling gigs (the previous ones they had forced me to delete them some time ago), and in both my average rating is 5, that is, without a single negative rating below 4.
Even so, the rating that fiverr gives me of success score in one, was 4/10 and in another one 5/10, that prevented my average to reach the “5” needed for the first level.
This also leads me to deduce another issue that seems relevant to me, trying to understand how this works, and that is that one of the points that Fiverr marked me as red, that is, that I was not doing well, was the “Conflict-free orders” section.
I try to be very friendly and professional on fiverr, and my services are very direct so I do not usually have disputes with my buyers, however in recent months I remember a single case, of a buyer who demanded things beyond what I had bought, which I refused, receiving in return a lower rating than my average (although it was not so bad), and subsequent claims from the seller, which led me to ask him, politely, to stop requesting any kind of service with me. I tell this, because it seems unfair to me, that if that person, who in my opinion was acting inappropriately with me, reported me to Fiverr, it is not something I can know, nor to what I can defend myself, on the contrary, if only Fiverr already crossed out an order as “conflictive” just because of a complaint from the buyer, it is also affecting my rating, in an unfair way.
I also wonder if Fiverr could also have some kind of automated system to detect conversations that go out of cordiality, and that are automatically sanctioned, even so it also seems to me quite dark, and disrespectful to sellers not to know transparently.
Just a few days ago, specifically on May 6, I was finally promoted to level 1, after my success score went to 5 (one gig with 5 and another with 6, i.e. it seems that fiverr averages the rating of the gigs without rounding). 
Yet it still tells me that I need to improve in both gigs, particularly in the “Effective communication” item, which I have in red, I have read the guide they suggest, and although I feel I meet the recommended guidelines, it is somewhat frustrating not knowing exactly what I did wrong, and what I should do now....

• Like 1