Using portfolio in my niche

andywarburton

Question

In my niche I provide conversion optimisation reports. Because they are written reports, they don't really fit into the "portfolio" functionality and I'm wondering if I could find a way to use it to my advantage. I was thinking perhaps that I could highlight some key reviews and positive results along with the customers brand name rather than just dumping in a relatively boring text document. Would that be acceptable within the T&C's?

• Like 3

1 answer to this question

48 minutes ago, andywarburton said:

In my niche I provide conversion optimisation reports. Because they are written reports, they don't really fit into the "portfolio" functionality and I'm wondering if I could find a way to use it to my advantage. I was thinking perhaps that I could highlight some key reviews and positive results along with the customers brand name rather than just dumping in a relatively boring text document. Would that be acceptable within the T&C's?

Highlighting reviews in your portfolio might be tricky, because they're not your work; they're testimonials. I'm not saying you can't do it, but I wouldn't if I were in your shoes.

What you could do is put together some slick presentations that you give to your clients. Think of a "Your numbers at a glance" kind of thing. Make it look sharp and highlight key stats/info that the client (and potential clients) can quickly look over to see your expertise.

As long as that's part of what you're offering to the buyer, it should be fine to include in your portfolio. But make sure the buyer is ok with you sharing the report first. Doing that without their permission is a big no-no.

Just to be on the safe side, I'd suggest checking in with support to confirm. But I'd think they'd be cool with it.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 2