Just Joined Fiverr, Believing in 'It's Never Too Late'

I have 10 years of experience in digital marketing and started my own agency in 2022, offering services such as social media management, content creation, website development, SEO, video ads, and more. I have local clients and recently joined Fiverr. I always wanted to join Fiverr but thought it wouldn't work, so I never joined until this week. I believe it's never too late to try, so I'm giving it a shot. Currently, I'm watching a free course on Fiverr to learn how to acquire clients. Wish me luck! Thanks in advance.

DIGITAL EYE Company Profile.pdf

• Like 18
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

You're joining an already overcrowded field on Fiverr and going against vetter sellers who have every advantage over you and for good reason. I think Fiverr is one of the hardest markets to break into currently (tons of scammers and most fields are more than full) but I do wish you luck.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Welcome @digital_ey3! With the confidence to easily take all the hate that will be redirected towards me by saying this, I think you came here at a very good time. Lately Fiverr made some major changes on sellers performance metrics and to the review system, creating panic and anxiety in the ranks of the sellers from every category.

Personally, I've been selling for about 1 year on Fiverr, and I very much welcome the changes and I'm confident that they're meant to help out the new sellers that are willing to learn the ropes and for the seasoned sellers that are open to addapt, relearn and rethink their strategy. Don't drown in the negativity and discouraging flaming and bashing that's all over the forums right now, and try to stay ahead of the game and do your best thing, treating every order like it's your first and your last, and good things will come your way!

I might not be the most performant seller or the best person to give you any advice on this, since there are a ton of more successful people here, but my 2 cents are betting on the fact that new sellers, including myself, will benefit greatly if willing to take advantage of the new changes.

It's way easier for us to addapt and relearn the ropes than it's for a seller that has been doing this here for over 5-6 years, so get ahead of the pack and do your best! It won't be easy, and maybe sometimes it won't reflect your true value, and you won't be dealing only with patient and well mannered customers here, just as in traditional commercial market. But the willingness to power trough the bad experiences and do your best on every order will pay off eventually.

Plus, the advantage of joining a mature and saturated marketplace is that you have an amazingly generous database to do your research on when thinking your strategy and services approach. Having 9999 gigs in your category means that you can analyze 9999 gigs and create the 10000th one which could offer better services than the rest.

Best of luck, and I'm looking forward to hear your succes story soon!

• Like 8
  • Up 1

On 4/8/2024 at 11:40 AM, hzsmith said:

Personally, I've been selling for about 1 year on Fiverr, and I very much welcome the changes and I'm confident that they're meant to help out the new sellers that are willing to learn the ropes and for the seasoned sellers that are open to addapt, relearn and rethink their strategy. Don't drown in the negativity and discouraging flaming and bashing that's all over the forums right now,

Very well said, it's nice to see some positivity / a 'can do' attitude.

• Like 2