Clarification on Seller Online Status with Chrome Extension

mubashar_sheikh

Question

I've heard some sellers mention using extensions to refresh their online status periodically. Is this an acceptable practice on Fiverr, or is it best to only appear online when actively available to respond to messages? Thanks for clarifying!

I do development work and someone suggested me to use the extension while working, this will keep my profile online and when a buyer reaches to me I'll be available and reply him shortly. Should I go with it or not? As I've heard from others too that using this thing can cause account panelized or deranked.. So What's the reality? 

• Like 6

9 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, ahmad_freelancr said:

No seller has ever mentioned using extensions as they know these are against fiver TOS.

Actually, many sellers do mention using extensions, and they do use them. And then come to cry on the forum and whine that they got in trouble for no reason.

Also, way too many sellers can't be bothered to read the ToS. Or they pretend that it doesn't apply to them because "their senior person told them to do so-and-so".

• Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mubashar_sheikh said:

So What's the reality? 

The reality is, Fiverr (or any website owner out there on the internet) can track what browser extensions you're using if they want to. Not only that, but they can also track your last visited pages/tabs and even track your mouse movements (this is where the game of multiple accounts comes into play, as AI can easily detect if the exact same mouse movements are coming from two different accounts -- means same person is running two accounts).

So, it's completely against the Terms of Service, and it's not even possible to bypass these things and get away with them! 🙂

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, catwriter said:

Actually, many sellers do mention using extensions, and they do use them. And then come to cry on the forum and whine that they got in trouble for no reason.

Also, way too many sellers can't be bothered to read the ToS. Or they pretend that it doesn't apply to them because "their senior person told them to do so-and-so".

Absolutely right

• Like 2