Qr code scam Profile verification

1 hour ago, code_with_abhi said:

So i opened new fiverr account and they charged me 200$. Please help me

Did you really scan the QR code? If yes then it was actually a scam. Kindly report that buyer and contact Fiverr and your Bank regarding it. 

• Up 1

Guest code_with_abhi
On 7/6/2024 at 2:40 AM, smartdezigns said:

Did you really scan the QR code? If yes then it was actually a scam. Kindly report that buyer and contact Fiverr and your Bank regarding it. 

Yes I scanned and it led me to a stripe payment page, It told me verify by card with atleast 200$ in account.

I mailed them at support@fiverr.com with the pictures. I recieved the message in my inbox and reported the message. No warning that It may be a scam.

How can fiverr allow such messages without displaying any warnings. I use freelancer and whenever someone messages, it displays a warning always unless it is someone official.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

3 hours ago, code_with_abhi said:

Yes I scanned and it led me to a stripe payment page, It told me verify by card with atleast 200$ in account.

I mailed them at support@fiverr.com with the pictures. 

I recieved the message in my inbox and reported the message. No warning that It may be a scam. The user name is 

Do you really think that Fiverr will send you a message via their unofficial email address? You got scammed now. Only your bank can help you with it. 

• Up 2

Guest code_with_abhi
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Do you really think that Fiverr will send you a message via their unofficial email address? You got scammed now. Only your bank can help you with it. 

They didn't mail me, The guy pretending to be an official messaged me directly on my inbox and asked for verification. My bank cannot help as it is an international payment.

I mailed support now after the scam. All this happened in Fiverr itself. Also the website asked me for money also had fiverr as domain -
https://fiverr.id676526.com/card/58974564

Here it is and still working

Edited by code_with_abhi

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, code_with_abhi said:

My bank cannot help as it is an international payment.

Did you contact you bank and ask? It's worth asking them if you haven't as they're the most likely ones will be be able to dispute/cancel the payment and check transactions on the account now & in future, and they could send a new card if necessary.

The fact that you had a previous message from another scammer, and the Fiverr logos were different in each profile could have given another clue that they were scammers.

Fiverr should be preventing people changing their display name to "Support Fiverr" or similar though. On the forum we've asked them multiple times to, and it's been a problem for months. They said on the forum that they made a policy to disallow (display names with "Fiverr" or "Support" in) that but it seems like they've not prevented people doing that.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, code_with_abhi said:

They didn't mail me, The guy pretending to be an official messaged me directly on my inbox 

That's what I meant.. unofficial username.. 

7 minutes ago, code_with_abhi said:

Also the website asked me for money also had fiverr as domain -

Please use your common sense as well. Is it really an original Fiverr's website link? Whether it's working or not.. If your bank cannot help you with it then I am sorry, you got scammed and you won't be able to get your funds back.

However, be careful next time. On Fiverr, never ever share your personal or bank card details to anyone as it's not allowed.

• Up 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, code_with_abhi said:

I mailed support now after the scam. All this happened in Fiverr itself. Also the website asked me for money also had fiverr as domain -

But the fake website is actually called "id676526.com", a scammer site that was registered on 3rd July 2024 (according to a whois lookup). It's not part of Fiverr. If you report it to customer support maybe they could report the fake site as well as try to stop the scam.

If it was a Fiverr page it might be https:// and fiverr.com/something

Edited by uk1000

Its my second post, When I checked my inbox then I noticed which came into inbox from Fverr Support, When  I clicked on that account I found he is from Estonia and joined as a member 2024.

I would request to newbies please check carefully

ff2.png

• Up 1

Hello, please help! I have recieved a card verification after my gig was denied and some minutes after I have recieved a message that my account wasnt approved. What should I do?

Знімок екрана 2024-07-09 110235.png

Знімок екрана 2024-07-09 110243.png

Знімок екрана 2024-07-09 110254.png

Is the site with the verification Is a fishing site? 

• Thanks 2

Never enter any card details since this is a scam.

1 hour ago, tapu_shaha said:

so you need to apply as a seller from different Id and verify your card.

This information is incorrect, I recommend you both read our Terms of Service, Forum Rules as well as Payment Terms.

• Thanks 2

There's no order in the inbox. Those are just poor attempts at scamming people. And don't click any random links. Fiverr won't ask you to click on a link to verify the order.. Learn more about online safety. If you do receive an order, you'll have an email from Fiverr.

• Up 1

Just now, donnovan86 said:

There's no order in the inbox. Those are just poor attempts at scamming people. And don't click any random links. Fiverr won't ask you to click on a link to verify the order.. Learn more about online safety. If you do receive an order, you'll have an email from Fiverr.

It's like a rain of scammers here on Fiverr 😆

Well it seems  a scam. I was also targeted by him but when i came to know I write him in bad words on that verification instructions panel then he send me his photo. 

The question is that if he was from Fiverr team then why he sends me photo of his own. 

This make sense that he is a scamer.  After this he will ask you to deposit at least 300$ dollars to continue receiving from orders but that is fake 

Screenshot_20240710-045542.jpg

• Like 3
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, savvy_pro11 said:

Well it seems  a scam. I was also targeted by him but when i came to know I write him in bad words on that verification instructions panel then he send me his photo. 

The question is that if he was from Fiverr team then why he sends me photo of his own. 

This make sense that he is a scamer.  After this he will ask you to deposit at least 300$ dollars to continue receiving from orders but that is fake 

Screenshot_20240710-045542.jpg

These days it happends alot be careful

• Like 2
  • Up 1

It's a really legit looking scam that I fell for. I cancelled my card immediately. They'll ask for your card info and the amount in your account. I just signed up for fiverr an hour ago and have already received several of these messages. It really makes me think twice about using fiverr.

they almost got me, seemed believable because i was messaged by the scammer just minutes after receiving a notification from fiverr about account security. the "temporary account suspension" and the personalized message calling you out by name hits hard. prompting you into action to resolve the issue. if i hadn't slowed down to stop and think, they would have gotten my money.

be careful to all of you hardworking people out there. they even went out of their way to make a fake fiverr site where you can enter your card details and make the transaction. I've attached the message they used on me so you guys can be informed... and ofcourse, i responded to their message quickly and politely after, I wouldn't want my response rate to go down lol.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR haime22.png

Screenshot 2024-07-18 042055.png

Screenshot 2024-07-18 041001.png

Edited by haime22
additional image

IMG_5910.PNG

IMG_5913.PNG

IMG_5914.PNG

IMG_5915.PNG

IMG_5916.PNG

IMG_5911.PNG

Hi, this is very stressful situation, and wonder how its happened on Fiverr, and how the website allowing it and having guts saying you are safe with us.  Also doing nothing about it. It feels like you are on the website, it looks exactly the same and its targeting largely new people like me. I don't know how Fiverr really works yet. And when I am receiving message like this on Fiverr. Then QR code that is as well like FIVERR then entire website got "padlock symbol" means that website is secured you really want to trust the process of getting your first customer and then being scammed for 199 euro that left my account and will probably never comeback because it was approved by me, so chargeback won't be considered, lucky only that much. After that they tried to steal another 444 euro but I declined further transactions and froze my account. They were writing "So how we will return your money if you don't want to approve this second PUSH notification for another transaction".