Scam alert

arkantos967

Question

A user by the name of           contacted me to make a translation for a company. There i was in contact with an                 , from "                   " in telegram who asked me for a translation of 100 pages. but when the payment came he wanted me to pay $100 in convertion fee since i am from Argentina. and outright refused to make any other type of payment. Clearly all i lost was the time it took me to translate all of that, but that's how they get your money. bye asking for a fee to actually pay you

• Like 9

4 answers to this question

If you check the Fiverr TOS at https://www.fiverr.com/legal-portal/legal-terms/terms-of-service  it says:

Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

So if anyone asks you to contact them on Telegram or some other off-site way then don't. All payment must be through Fiverr too. You can let them know all contact must be on Fiverr or report them if it seems a definite scam.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, arkantos967 said:

A user by the name of  contacted me to make a translation for a company. 

You are violating Forum Rule 6. You are not allowed to share/mention the username of your seller/buyer here. 

@milos_siena Kindly hide the username as well as display names shared by OP. Thanks.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Hi @arkantos967, we expect all our users to get familiar with Forum Rules and Terms of Service right away, since any violation can lead to having their account blocked both on the platform and on the forum.

I've edited your post, so please take a minute to get familiar with both the rules and ToS.

Providing private info and having any communication outside Fiverr is not allowed, so please make sure to avoid any further violations.

• Like 8

Well as a new user that is only getting watch and messages from bot I just recommend that when they mention "Contact me from" normally Instagram  or telegram 

just let the fiver bot ban them 

Edited by sirefris
  • Like 5