PAYMENT FOR VERİFİCATİON

Guest kubracorl

Question

Guest kubracorl

After registering on Fiverr, I received this message from the support team: 'Hello Kubracorluk, this is the Fivеrr suppоrt tеam! Your freelаnce service is temporarily unаble to accept new orders due to the new policy of our platform. To restore the service and see new оrders in your profile, please follow the instructions. We have sent you a QR code. Scan this QR code and complete a simple verification. You can scan it by opening the camera app and hovering over the QR code, or by using some online services. If you still have any problems, please contact us in this chat.' After following the steps by scanning the QR code, money has been continuously deducted from my bank account. When I inquired about it, I was assured that it would be refunded, but I haven't received any refund yet. Has this happened to you before? How can I get a refund?

fiv.jpg

14 answers to this question

@Lena

will Fiverr be changing their system to stop users who are not Fiverr staff from putting "Fiverr" in their Display Names and user names (since anyone could put "Fiverr Support" in their display name currently for phishing attempts) and also automatically stop them using Fiverr's logo in their profiles. Doing that would be a couple things they could do to help prevent this scam happening again.

Maybe if an existing user (which isn't a staff account) does have "Fiverr" in their username it could indicate somewhere that it's not an official Fiverr staff/company account in messages to help prevent phishing. As well as make the existing ones that are obviously unauthorised (made for phishing) be flagged automatically.

I wrote about it here:

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

Guest kubracorl
15 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Bu bir aldatmaca. Bu gerçek Fiverr desteği değil ve asla böyle bir şey yapmazlar.

@Lena, OP'ye bundan sonra ne yapılacağı konusunda tavsiyede bulunabilir misiniz lütfen?

Are you serious? So Fiverr doesn't normally charge for security like this?

Guest kubracorl
1 minute ago, catwriter said:

No, Fiverr never does it.

So, how do I get my money back? I emailed Fiverr, but I don't know if they will help me. They didn't warn me.

Guest kubracorl

Hi, some accounts that message me on Fiverr want to connect for work through Telegram. Since I'm new to this, I wanted to ask if these accounts are fake and scammers?

svsv.jpg

Yes, they're scammers. Best case scenario, you end up working for free. Worse case scenario, they convince you to pay them a fee (and of course you never get paid for the work you did for them). Worst case scenario, identity theft.

You might want to read Fiverr's terms of service and community guidelines, plus the help section, to get a better idea about how Fiverr works. For example, contact outside of Fiverr is strictly forbidden (and accepting to contact someone outside of Fiverr would be a violation of Fiverr's terms of service that can get you permanently banned); all the conversations, materials exchange, and payment, have to go through Fiverr.

• Like 5

Guest kubracorl
5 hours ago, Lena said:

Hello @kubracorl 

I can see that your ticket is open and is being handled by the CS. Please be patient and wait for our mail. 

We appreciate your understanding. 

Hey Lena, I understand that Fiverr is busy, but it's been 24 hours since I sent a notification and I don't even know if the situation will be resolved...

Please expedite the email process regarding the fraud I experienced. I want to work with the Fiverr team, but these security issues need to be resolved. People are here trying to do business, not get scammed.