Leaving Adequate Buyer Reviews

jaden_barton

Question

Is there any way at all to see the buyers review before I leave a review of my own?

Let me preface: as someone who values integrity and strives to provide exceptional service, giving honest reviews to my customers is a top priority for me.

Recently, I've encountered a situation where I received a one-star review, and I'm eager to respond appropriately. After the fact, I've noticed that I'm unable to view the buyer's review before leaving my own, see screenshot. I believe that blindly saying "Thank you for your order" in response to a one-star review doesn't adequately address the situation and could make me look unprofessional. Is there any way at all to see the buyers review before I leave a review of my own?

I'm keen on engaging with my customers in a professional and empathetic manner, similar to how one might respond on platforms like Google Reviews. I believe in acknowledging any shortcomings and expressing genuine apologies when necessary, but I cannot do that if I don't see the buyers feedback. It's almost like Fiverr is holding us sellers hostage to give buyers reviews. 

Thank you in advance for any assistance or suggestions.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 000839.png

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, jaden_barton said:

Is there any way at all to see the buyers review before I leave a review of my own?

Let me preface: as someone who values integrity and strives to provide exceptional service, giving honest reviews to my customers is a top priority for me.

Recently, I've encountered a situation where I received a one-star review, and I'm eager to respond appropriately. After the fact, I've noticed that I'm unable to view the buyer's review before leaving my own, see screenshot. I believe that blindly saying "Thank you for your order" in response to a one-star review doesn't adequately address the situation and could make me look unprofessional. Is there any way at all to see the buyers review before I leave a review of my own?

I'm keen on engaging with my customers in a professional and empathetic manner, similar to how one might respond on platforms like Google Reviews. I believe in acknowledging any shortcomings and expressing genuine apologies when necessary, but I cannot do that if I don't see the buyers feedback. It's almost like Fiverr is holding us sellers hostage to give buyers reviews. 

Thank you in advance for any assistance or suggestions.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 000839.png

Read this carefully

• Like 2

12 hours ago, atulcodex said:

Read this carefully

I understand that there are rules for requesting certain outcomes with reviews. But I am referring more to responding appropriately to reviews left by customers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jaden_barton said:

I understand that there are rules for requesting certain outcomes with reviews. But I am referring more to responding appropriately to reviews left by customers. 

You can respond to a review left by a client, but you cannot see their review until after you've left yours. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jaden_barton said:

I believe that blindly saying "Thank you for your order" in response to a one-star review doesn't adequately address the situation and could make me look unprofessional.

You can respond with something like "Thank you for the feedback."

14 hours ago, jaden_barton said:

No.

• Like 1