Request money (118$) for the first order from Fiverr? Is it ok oder phishing?

irynasupervideo

Question

After my tegistration on Fivver like a seller I received a notification that I need to provide my credit card information and confirm the transaction for $118 to get my first order on Fivver. My bank thinks it's a phishing scam and hasn't confirmed the transaction. Tell me, is it normal that when you first order, Fiverr requests that you transfer money to them with a promise of a subsequent refund. I need to verify the bank account?

Снимок экрана 2024-02-28 133129.png

• Like 3

4 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Are you sure you entered Fiverr.com? Because the link in your browser seems to suggest other website. There is a scam link running around similar to what you have, which encourages people to share their personal info like bank info. Don't continue to be safe. Just enter Fiverr via its regular link, https://www.fiverr.com/.

Still that copy (the website, not the writing the writing is terrible lol) is really scary. 

Like, as someone who's worked on Fiverr for years we wouldn't fall for it but... It's perhaps the dangerous scam right now I would say. 

1 hour ago, irynasupervideo said:
After my tegistration on Fivver like a seller I received a notification that I need to provide my credit card information and confirm the transaction for $118 to get my first order on Fivver. My bank thinks it's a phishing scam and hasn't confirmed the transaction. Tell me, is it normal that when you first order, Fiverr requests that you transfer money to them with a promise of a subsequent refund. I need to verify the bank account?

Снимок экрана 2024-02-28 133129.png

It's a scam. Trust your bank and avoid at all cost.

• Like 2

I just had the same experience. Got a push message to confirm a 222€ transfer. It started with an email from NoReply@e.fiverr.com, with an "e." before fiverr.

I was stupid enough to enter my card numbers. They have my phone number, I don't know how they got it.

Here is what it looks like:

fiverr_logo.png

2 neue Nachrichten für dich

Hallo mammut36,

Support(@moiz_expert_) hat dir Nachrichten geschickt und wir haben sie alle für dich gesammelt

🎉 𝑯𝒆𝒚, mammut36, 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒊𝒈 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅 "edit and optimise the sound of your podcast and audio book" 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 🎉 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆. 𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒔𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒎 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒖𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒚𝒆𝒓. 🔎 𝑷𝒂𝒚𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑪𝒐𝒑𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒘, 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒔𝒆𝒓, 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒚𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕. 🔗 𝑺𝒖𝒈𝒈𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒓 𝑰𝑫_254891 : https://fiverr%2Eorder741912%2Ecom/order/65278637 📝 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒈 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑽𝒊𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒓 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒔𝒂𝒑𝒑. 𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝑲𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎. 🙅🚫 𝑷.𝑺. 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒚𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒚𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕. 𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆. ❤️ 𝑺𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒚, 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬𝑹𝑹 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎.

Edited by mammut36