Suggestion: Fiverr could have some system in place to try to make sure buyers' revison requests are reasonable

Fiverr could have some system in place (algorithm/AI) to try to make sure buyer's revision requests (even if entered in messages/posts on the order page and they aren't using the revision request button for it) are reasonable. eg. asking for 20 or 30 complex/very time consuming changes in a very low priced order wouldn't be reasonable so the system could prompt them to try to keep things reasonable and maybe if they continued Fiverr staff could check and then make suggestions.

So the system could take into account things like the price of the order, how time consuming or complex each element of the request was (whether in a proper revision request or a post/message) as well as all past ones related to that order, and then maybe put a system message to the buyer asking them (in the right words) to try to be more reasonable given the price of the order.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11

• uk1000 changed the title to Suggestion: Fiverr could have some system in place to try to make sure buyers' revison requests are reasonable
50 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Fiverr could have some system in place (algorithm/AI) to try to make sure buyer's revision requests (even if entered in messages/posts on the order page and they aren't using the revision request button for it) are reasonable.

I don't think you want to leave subjective stuff like that in the hands of AI. The more reasonable thing would be to not factor in revisions and extensions into the success score, because those are very subjective. A lot of buyers will ask for a revision request even for a comma, while some will ask for a revision request because they dislike the entire project. That's a MASSIVE difference, yet the seller is penalized either way. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

20 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I don't think you want to leave subjective stuff like that in the hands of AI. The more reasonable thing would be to not factor in revisions and extensions into the success score, because those are very subjective. A lot of buyers will ask for a revision request even for a comma, while some will ask for a revision request because they dislike the entire project. That's a MASSIVE difference, yet the seller is penalized either way. 

Agreed - AI is probably not going to be the best route to determine what constitutes a reasonable revision. 

I'm also completely on board with not factoring revisions into the equation. I just had a buyer hit the "request revision" button because he couldn't figure out how to extend the delivery review window on his end. Will this now ding me for "Conflict free orders"? Unfortunately I'd be willing to put a few bucks down that it will, and this sort of thing happens all the time. 

• Like 7

It doesn't even need to be about the success score. If there are high number of time consuming requests (posts/messages/actual requests) created for a low enough priced order it could just start suggesting to the buyer to keep them a reasonable amount and the system could ask Fiverr staff to check it if they continue. Just so sellers don't get buyers taking advantage of by buyers keeping changing unreasonably (just because they feel like changing stuff, when they could have specified it more exactly initially and not kept changing their mind). It could come to a point where it's really not economical to keep working on an order (but cancelling would also have a big effect).

22 minutes ago, texvox said:

AI is probably not going to be the best route to determine what constitutes a reasonable revision

It could take into account the gig's subcategory and how much time it usually takes for similar requests (posts/messages/actual requests) to be done and uploaded to try to work out how much work is being asked for, as well as the price of each order (eg. asking for stuff needing many hours of work for tiny $ amount).

I'm also completely on board with not factoring revisions into the equation. I just had a buyer hit the "request revision" button because he couldn't figure out how to extend the delivery review window on his end

The AI could take into account the text of each change request (not just the pressing of the revision request button or number of standard revision requests created for an order) to try to determine how much time/effort it might take each to do, based on what the order is for (including the requirements section text), the subcategory etc. and past similar orders made with sellers there.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4

Will this now ding me for "Conflict free orders"? Unfortunately I'd be willing to put a few bucks down that it will, and this sort of thing happens all the time. 

It depends. I still think that not a single revision is the issue, instead multiple revisions and deliveries. From one of the links provided by Kesha I saw that multiple deliveries seem to be the issue. Which are obviously caused by revisions. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It depends. I still think that not a single revision is the issue, instead multiple revisions and deliveries. From one of the links provided by Kesha I saw that multiple deliveries seem to be the issue. Which are obviously caused by revisions. 

So putting more work into pleasing the customer hurts the seller’s success score? 🫠

• Like 6
  • Up 2

99% of the revisions I get are from discounted orders. They're usually not legitimate revisions, but additional work, new scripts, additional variations of the same script that were not previously mentioned, adding gig-extras like music, and other production elements without paying for them, and then withdrawing the offers for the requested extras. This type of buyer comes in 2 flavors - 1. Work you until you cancel the order so they get the work for free. 2. Work you as much as they possibly can to get more bang for their $ and leave a negative review publically or privately, because you finally said "I'm sorry, but I've already given you far more than you had paid for as well as the 50% discount".

For revisions and extensions to count against us is BS.

The same goes for private reviews. I can very likely point out the folks who gave me mine. They are the above-mentioned. They are the ones who defraud the word count by placing a 100-word order and sending me a 1000-word script and when I send the offer to adjust for the missing words they throw a fit in the chat and eventually pay the amount and leave no public review.  They are the ones who order "for personal use" an ad spot they even admit to me will run on the radio advertising their business and when sent the offer for commercial or broadcast rights [both highlighted and bold in my description] will call me a swindler, a cheat, a bait'n'switch scammer and leave no review at the end of the order. They are the ones who ignore all such requests and never say a word though you see them online multiple times a day and they leave no public review.

These are the sort of people leaving private reviews. Not upstanding, honest buyers who are merely afraid of backlash from an upset seller. We get punished for the passive-aggressive behind-the-scenes bad actor who has 200 orders under their account with an "average rating given" score of 3 stars who knows that they can get around the actual price of the seller.

This is what we're up against. This is who Fiverr is protecting.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, andywarburton said:

It would be nice if Fiverr actually honoured the revision limit we set on our gigs!

I literally have no idea why this setting exists when it does absolutely nothing.

This. That idea does nothing, the revision system is broken. It can never be implemented.

• Like 2