I think this feature deserves all sellers for free.

• janangachandima changed the title to I think this feature deserves all sellers for free.
Just now, navid_zafar said:

Why not free?

Just curious.. 🤔

On every aggregator e-commerce platform in the world, certain features are provided to sellers ONLY if they pay higher commissions or a fixed fee. That's a universal business practice. 

Someone will wake up tomorrow and tell Fiverr that  - give me promoted ads for FREE, because you will anyway earn 20% on my orders!! 😂

Will you guys be ok if the commission becomes 25% but features come FREE??🫠

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, janangachandima said:

I think this feature deserves all sellers for free. This will prevent fake orders and order cancelations. What do you think?

I mean.. people can easily contact you before placing the order. And also, it won't prevent cancellations. If the buyer dislikes what you're sending, you can bet he's going to cancel. 

As for fake orders.. if you mean people that just order and cancel, they can easily ask for an offer and cancel right after. It just adds an extra step.

As for why it's in Seller Plus and it will always stay there most likely... Seller Plus needs to have some selling points and reasons for people to pay for it. This is a good feature to have, it's not mandatory, so it fits the Seller Plus package very well. It doesn't have to be free, but it's something nice to have. That's what Seller Plus is all about...

• Like 8
  • Up 3

6 hours ago, navid_zafar said:

Well 20% is already more than enough.

Yeah, but keep in mind those freelancing sites also require you to pay for connects/sending a proposal. Here you don't have that, they promote your gigs themselves. That alone makes a huge difference. And Request to Order is not exactly mandatory. It is helpful, but it also limits the exposure and appeal of your gig, since a lot of people want to order directly anyway. A lot of people are in a rush, they don't spend hours and hours figuring out what freelancer to work with. So if you have this option, it might deter some people from working with you!

• Like 10
  • Up 2

14 hours ago, janangachandima said:

This will prevent fake orders and order cancelations. this is good for both sides

I have had and used the feature for two years. In that time I have had order cancelations. 

I am not sure what a fake order is. 🤔

• Like 10