The Impact of Incorporating FAQs on Your Gig

6 hours ago, masud_kari said:

I have seen a lot of gigs that have no FAQ, but that gigs are ranked and get many orders. So how!

Having an FAQ isn't the most important thing (and won't be the most important thing SEO-wise) but it seems like it usually helps. It might be that in some types of gigs it isn't really needed, eg. if they've put all their necessary info in the gig description and everything is clear enough for buyers. eg. there's one book design gig that has about 22.6K reviews that has no FAQ.

But it seems like the most of the gigs that have a high review counts have at least 1 FAQ. It also seems like over half of gigs that have a review also have at least 1 FAQ.

There are multiple gigs with more than 23K reviews but all the ones I've seen have an FAQ section. So that seems to show it usually helps (though it could also be that people with successful gigs usually create the FAQs because the gigs are successful and they get questions about them, not that the FAQs are helping a lot with the orders. But it seems a good idea to have an FAQ section if it will answer questions that the buyer might have or that you want them to know about your gig, eg. they could prevent cancellations and help stop people buying the wrong gig for what they want, or help confirm that the gig is what they need).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Having an FAQ isn't the most important thing (and won't be the most important thing SEO-wise) but it seems like it usually helps. It might be that in some types of gigs it isn't really needed, eg. if they've put all their necessary info in the gig description and everything is clear enough for buyers. eg. there's one book design gig that has about 22.6K reviews that has no FAQ.

But it seems like the most of the gigs that have a high review counts have at least 1 FAQ. It also seems like over half of gigs that have a review also have at least 1 FAQ.

There are multiple gigs with more than 23K reviews but I've not seen any of those that don't have an FAQ section. So that seems to show it usually helps (though it could also be that people with successful gigs usually create the FAQs because the gigs are successful and they get questions about them, not that the FAQs are helping a lot with the orders. But it's seems a good idea to have an FAQ section if it will answer questions that the buyer might have or that you want them to know about your gig).

You are absolutely right 👍, I have seen many profiles.They didn't use FAQ but 2K+ reviews.

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ratanml said:

They didn't use FAQ but 2K+ reviews.

But those gigs will still be a minority compared to the successful gigs with FAQs.

eg. for gigs with 2,000 or more reviews, more than about 70% of those will have an FAQ section, and only about 30% won't. So there's probably a correlation between having an FAQ section and a gig being successful.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, masud_kari said:

I have seen a lot of gigs that have no FAQ, but that gigs are ranked and get many orders. So how!!!

New sellers often see everything like a "rule of thumb" that if I do XYZ thing, will (I) get orders. 

They assume that standard things like 'gig seo', 'eye catchy thumbnail', 'add video', 'incorporate faqs' etc will ASSURE orders but that is not the case. 

The point of this topic or many other rules is to help a seller create a GOOD gig which algorithm can read and quantify as a good quality well-rounded gig but none of these things guarantee an order!! 

Gig of a highly skilled and unique seller can perform very well without following any of these things while there are a million new gigs who do all these things religiously but will never get an order. 

• Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Gig of a highly skilled and unique seller can perform very well without following any of these things while there are a million new gigs who do all these things religiously but will never get an order. 

Well said.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1