Promoting gig through social media

alekseo21

Question

Hi there, I've been contemplating the idea of establishing a portfolio website to promote my Fiverr gigs. I'm curious if any of you have ever advertised a gig beyond the Fiverr platform, perhaps through social media or a personal website. If so, what was your experience like? I appreciate your insights. Thank you!

• Like 34

9 answers to this question

On 1/31/2024 at 5:57 AM, alekseo21 said:

Hi there, I've been contemplating the idea of establishing a portfolio website to promote my Fiverr gigs. I'm curious if any of you have ever advertised a gig beyond the Fiverr platform, perhaps through social media or a personal website. If so, what was your experience like? I appreciate your insights. Thank you!

Promoting gigs through google ads is NOT allowed on Fiverr, which also means that a personal portfolio website would be kinda redundant (unless your personal website attracts a lot of prospective buyers on its own). A lot of ill-informed people will recommend social media but generally, our social networks don't have too many potential buyers. 

Best and ideal way to grow on Fiverr is through Fiverr's organic search results. Your gigs should be rich & compelling enough to reach potential buyers; and have the potential to elicit enquiries/orders. 

• Like 36
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Promoting gigs through google ads is NOT allowed on Fiverr, which also means that a personal portfolio website would be kinda redundant (unless your personal website attracts a lot of prospective buyers on its own). A lot of ill-informed people will recommend social media but generally, our social networks don't have too many potential buyers. 

Best and ideal way to grow on Fiverr is through Fiverr's organic search results. Your gigs should be rich & compelling enough to reach potential buyers; and have the potential to elicit enquiries/orders. 

Thank you very much. I was hoping to improve the ranking of my gig, as it only performed well when I was a rising talent. I tried to improve organic search results but didn't see any positive outcomes. Therefore, I thought of increasing the number of impressions to boost the ranking.

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, alekseo21 said:

Thank you very much. I was hoping to improve the ranking of my gig, as it only performed well when I was a rising talent. I tried to improve organic search results but didn't see any positive outcomes. Therefore, I thought of increasing the number of impressions to boost the ranking.

Yeah, the 'rising talent' tag comes for a short time period and gives good boost.

But post that its back to building the gig's equity one order at a time, till you reach Level 2 and have a decent number of orders and reviews under your belt. 

• Like 16
  • Up 2

I have tried to promote fiverr gigs on social media using discord. Honest truth is it doesn't work, unless you have connection with people that actually needs your work . To advertise on social media, you may do following for better result:

1. Linkedin or other social media where you can find Professionals.

2. Build your friend list/Connect with people media keeping your business in mind.

3. Increase people you follow and your followers.

I hope this helps.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:34 PM, ajommahmud said:

I'm regularly share my gig on various social media, but I don't know the exact benefit. 

It's not as simple as just posting on social media to guarantee orders. Based on my experience with Pinterest and Quora, consistent daily posting has helped increase impressions on my gig. Initially, my gig was on the 17th or 14th page, but now it's on the 6th page. I achieve this by regularly sharing my gig on these platforms, as well as on Flickr. Occasionally, I also share stories on my Instagram and Facebook linked with my gig. This is my personal experience and assessment. If there are better approaches, I'm open to improving mine.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Hi there, people on Fiverr desire their gigs to get on the first page to gain more views and sell. One of my gigs has been on the first page for years, but no such views and sell. I would like to know on how to get a gig's expected views or sell. Regards!

• Like 1