Is it my time for; a Farewell to Fiverr?!

majidshowghi

Hey Fiverr fam,
Here in the "Casual conversations " forum, let me tell you my story in short.

Well, it's been a wild ride - five years of juggling gigs, some acing deliveries, and occasionally pretending my cat is my office manager. But lately, it seems like the Fiverr algorithm and I are engaged in a passionate game of hide-and-seek, and spoiler alert: I'm losing. Despite my positive reviews, creating more gigs than a magician has rabbits, and practically giving away my services (I've considered paying clients to hire me at this point🤪), my rank is doing a disappearing act that even Houdini would applaud.😄

last month, I've lowered my prices so much I'm practically offering a service for the price of a cup of coffee (and not the fancy kind, mind you) as it was in the first year. How was my second year? Great. Third? Hmmmm, good. But fast forward to today, and I'm feeling like the star of a magic show where the only thing disappearing is my income. Maybe it's time to take my talents elsewhere, or at least see if there's a career opportunity in competitive Jenga. Here's to hoping I can find a platform where my gigs can shine as brightly as my cat thinks she does. Im not sure yet, but mayb it is time to say Farewell, Fiverr, you've been a rollercoaster of frelance fun! 🎢😸
Please let me know what you thing about that 🙏

• Like 21
  • Sad 2

Well there's no reason to delete your account. You can easily let it be and eventually you might get more work, or you can start promoting your gigs, generating some traffic on your own. 

Ideally, you want to find other ways to pay the bills, and leave Fiverr active. These days, AI has ruined a lot of niches. It's really bad, yet all we can do is adapt.

• Like 21
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

At the end of the day it's your call. But the way I see it, with Fiverr, you don't have to worry about the "mechanics" of the setup. 

For instance, if I were to offer my services independently without using Fiverr, I would have to still

a) build a website

b) get the design part done, right from the website logo to template to other coding stuff

c) find and integrate a payment gateway such as say Stripe

d) promote the website (which would be my storefront, on Fiverr, the gig page would be my storefront)

e) deal with refunds/chargebacks

You have addon costs in the form of a) the cost of obtaining a domain b) hosting expenses c) expenses to hire a designer in case if you aren't doing it by yourself d) payment gateway costs e) promotional costs f) cost of penalties arising out of chargebacks.

This isn't the whole picture, but you get the idea.

You are still saving a lot of costs you'd otherwise incur if you were to do it all by yourself.

Here, the main challenge you are facing seems to be that of dwindling visitors to your gig page. 

So the question is, WHY are the visitors dwindling? No straight answer really,  competition doing better, low demand for the services you are offering, effect of reviews, gig rotation, there are just multiple variables. You just gotta keep split-testing till you see something positive.

But what if you think differently? What if instead of relying on Fiverr's organic traffic, you are taking steps to drive traffic yourself? I mean, the rest of the machinery is setup for you, so your sole focus should be to drive traffic and fulfil orders when they come in.

How? Multitude of ways, but takes time and patience. And I cannot confine the whole set of steps in this one post but can give you some ideas that you can use to look into it yourself. Because the kind of access to information you have these days, it should be easier.

LinkedIn - building a following there and offering your services once you have enough followers? 

Finding affiliates - there are a lot of affiliate forums, why not find a super affiliate who can promote your gig, they get commission, you get sales, win-win, again, not easy but no pain, no gain.

Youtube - create videos of your work, or how you do it, build subscribers, promote your services

Paid advertising - if you are willing to spend money that you can afford to lose, a risky move but worth a try. (but you would have to refer to Fiverr's terms since there are certain platforms they don't allow, such as Google ads)

You get the idea.

These are just my personal views, but in the end, it's your call really. Best of luck!

• Like 18
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

Giving up is not an option!!! All businesses have down-times. I'll suggest you try doing some research and edit your gig title, gig description and search tags. Ensure the same top keywords flow all through. Don't only focus on price. Gig title is key when it comes to visibility. Wishing you all the best. 

• Like 16
  • Up 2

On 11/6/2023 at 1:39 PM, majidshowghi said:

Hey Fiverr fam,
Here in the "Casual conversations " forum, let me tell you my story in short.

Well, it's been a wild ride - five years of juggling gigs, some acing deliveries, and occasionally pretending my cat is my office manager. But lately, it seems like the Fiverr algorithm and I are engaged in a passionate game of hide-and-seek, and spoiler alert: I'm losing. Despite my positive reviews, creating more gigs than a magician has rabbits, and practically giving away my services (I've considered paying clients to hire me at this point🤪), my rank is doing a disappearing act that even Houdini would applaud.😄

last month, I've lowered my prices so much I'm practically offering a service for the price of a cup of coffee (and not the fancy kind, mind you) as it was in the first year. How was my second year? Great. Third? Hmmmm, good. But fast forward to today, and I'm feeling like the star of a magic show where the only thing disappearing is my income. Maybe it's time to take my talents elsewhere, or at least see if there's a career opportunity in competitive Jenga. Here's to hoping I can find a platform where my gigs can shine as brightly as my cat thinks she does. Im not sure yet, but mayb it is time to say Farewell, Fiverr, you've been a rollercoaster of frelance fun! 🎢😸
Please let me know what you thing about that 🙏

Giving up is not an option I think!

But the truth is the "old gold times" when we all were super busy on this platform and earning $$$ for living is gone. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Now is the moment to practice patience and perseverance. 👍
Stay committed to your personal and professional growth to attract more orders. I too encounter similar challenges—experiencing fewer impressions, clicks, and a limited number of orders. However, I am actively working on self-improvement to enhance my skills and elevate my work.

Edited by hasembd
  • Like 9

On 11/6/2023 at 11:57 AM, zeus777 said:

Are you going to completely delete your account?
Personally I'd keep it, you might start getting orders again, who knows.
Also if you already have positive reviews, I'd say bring your prices back up again. At this point, it won't hurt to do so!

I believe it's time for a tough decision. I'm uncertain about the prospect of receiving new orders, and even if there are some trickling in, it's been minimal over the past year. In the last two months, I've only managed around 6 orders, all with 5-star ratings and tips, but totaling less than $200 – quite low in comparison. Keeping the account feels like holding onto a lost cause, as it demands my attention with little return.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

On 11/6/2023 at 12:59 PM, donnovan86 said:

Well there's no reason to delete your account. You can easily let it be and eventually you might get more work, or you can start promoting your gigs, generating some traffic on your own. 

Ideally, you want to find other ways to pay the bills, and leave Fiverr active. These days, AI has ruined a lot of niches. It's really bad, yet all we can do is adapt.

-If we're discussing Fiverr promotion, the truth is I've invested in Fiverr's monthly promotion, but unfortunately, I haven't seen the desired results.

-In my specific field, which is motion graphics and animations, AI hasn't made significant advances yet. From what I've observed daily, AI struggles to produce high-quality work in this area. Nevertheless, your point is spot on – AI is advancing, and it's something we all need to consider/be worried about for the future.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1