Fiverr Select Clients Seem to Be Showing Up as Peasants in the Fiverr App

On Desktop, Fiverr Select client status (the crown badge) and stats are visible, whereas on the app that does not seem to be the case, the result? Sellers interact with you as if you are just another spammer/ a peasant. Not everyone but 1 in 2 I'd say. You can sort it out from the tone of interaction So can you please show the info as it appears on the Desktop on the app as well? So that the sellers know that they aren't interacting with peasants?

• Like 4
  • Up 2

In my experience, the badges mean next to nothing, so I don't look at them. I've had spammers with the crown, fiverr business hagglers, etc. What counts for me is the message they send me, as well as other information about them, not any badge.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 10
  • Up 2

14 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

In my experience, the badges mean next to nothing, so I don't look at them. I've had spammers with the crown, fiverr business hagglers, etc. What counts for me is the message they send me, as well as other information about them, not any badge.

Ya but I am sure I wouldn't have to go through these instances if my AOV was visible as it is on the Desktop device:

Screenshot_2023-10-25-03-59-31-143-edit_com.fiverr.fiverr.jpg.9d08834bed4d9a073d6f272316131189.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-25-04-01-48-771-edit_com.fiverr.fiverr.jpg.002c42780240d72722bfb7f9bb1c92b9.jpg

Edited by yourbrandingpal
Removed duplicate image
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, yourbrandingpal said:

Sellers interact with you as if you are just another spammer/ a peasant. Not everyone but 1 in 2 I'd say.

Sellers should always be polite and behave appropriately regardless of the buyers' badges.  Badges really mean nothing. As @visualstudios posted, we have seen scammers and abusers wearing the Fiverr Select and Fiverr Business badges. Having a crown or whatever other symbol doesn't mean that buyer is better than any other buyer who doesn't have it.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

Just now, maitasun said:

Sellers should always be polite and behave appropriately regardless of the buyers' badges.  Badges really mean nothing. As @visualstudios posted, we have seen scammers and abusers wearing the Fiverr Select and Fiverr Business badges. Having a crown or whatever other symbol doesn't mean that buyer is better than any other buyer who doesn't have it.

Then TRS Pro etc shouldnt matter by that logic.

I am referring to stats as they are shown on Desktop, not just badges anyway. 

Anyhow I've shared screenshots of instances I am referring to, will leave the rest upto Fiverr.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, yourbrandingpal said:

Then TRS Pro etc shouldnt matter by that logic.

It's not the same thing, because the threshold to get those is not the same. I would like for the buyer badges to mean something, but they don't mean a lot, unfortunately. 

It's weird that they would think the messages are spam though, regardless of having a badge or not. I get quite a bit of spam, and I never mistook a real client for a spammer, it's really easy to tell. I suppose it depends on the first message you sent them.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, yourbrandingpal said:

Don't you subscribe to Seller Plus just to know certain data points? Like historical rating given, order, tip value etc..?

That's an extra perk, it's not the reason I subscribe to it. Ratings can be known without it anyway. The order values and completion are a thing, but I don't find them to be very useful, generally, because they are not very granular, and they seem to not always be correct.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, yourbrandingpal said:

So the moment a Fiverr Select client contacts a seller there's a message that goes something in the lines of "they are Fiverr Select and they are easy to work with" . To some extent that does establish credibility and gets nonsense part of the conversation out of the way

I know, and I find that to only be true about as often as buyers who do not have the message, so I don't take it seriously.

• Like 8

Well, info about the buyer isn't as detailed as it is on Desktop devices so make those data points available on the app as well is my point. That includes historical ratings given by sellers you've worked with in the past which I personally have found difficulty in accessing. My understanding is that except your username nothing else shows up in that message box on the app and that leads to unnecessary waste of time where sellers are trying to sort if they should work with you or not. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, yourbrandingpal said:

Well, info about the buyer isn't as detailed as it is on Desktop devices so make those data points available on the app as well is my point. That includes historical ratings given by sellers you've worked with in the past which I personally have found difficulty in accessing. My understanding is that except your username nothing else shows up in that message box on the app and that leads to unnecessary waste of time where sellers are trying to sort if they should work with you or not. 

It would be cool if the App had feature parity with the desktop version for sure. I find using the desktop version much better, so that's what I end up doing and only use the app on the go for quick messages, so it doesn't affect me much, but it would be an improvement. I think the challenge there is UI, how to cram so much information into a tiny view.

• Like 9

Just now, visualstudios said:

It would be cool if the App had feature parity with the desktop version for sure. I find using the desktop version much better, so that's what I end up doing and only use the app on the go for quick messages, so it doesn't affect me much, but it would be an improvement. I think the challenge there is UI, how to cram so much information into a tiny view.

Yup that's true, I too wish sellers whom I interact with use Desktop but well.... and maybe show something important at the top where username is displayed? I don't know. I hope they figure out a way if this suggestion is even considered.. 🤞

• Like 5