Fiverr Select Clients Seem to Be Showing Up as Peasants in the Fiverr App

I couldn’t care less about buyer’s badges, Even the first time buyer will get the same pace of response as everyone. 

I try to be more patient with the first timers just so they feel comfortable and get a good experience from Fiverr and often they keep coming back for more.

It really depends on what the buyer wants and the communication.

• Like 4

Okay, let me clear up a couple of things here since there seems to be some misunderstanding.

Yes, buyer badges don't mean anything in the context of how easy it is to work with someone. BUT it does help to establish whether you are dealing with a SPAMMER/SCAMMER. Because buyers who have the Fiverr Select badge are those who've spent at least $500 (although I feel it should be $5k just to make it more exclusive) on the platform and completed a certain number of orders. 

So it DOES help establish that you are at least not dealing with a spammer/scammer. 

Imagine a seller who has a bunch of spammy messages to deal with, I am sure such sellers would tread cautiously when dealing with their next potential buyer, all I am saying is that NOT JUST THE BADGE BUT THE DATA AS IT IS SHOWN ON THE DESKTOP MIGHT COME IN HANDY IN AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION PERTAINING TO ESTABLISHING WHETHER THE PERSON YOU ARE DEALING WITH IS A SPAM OR SCAM.

And I am sharing this based on my personal experience, you treat everyone the same, good for you, I wish all sellers were like you, but that's not always the case, and all the sellers who were initially cautious while talking to me said that they were using app at the time. The process of sorting out whether you are talking to someone who is a potential scammer/spammer is a waste of time that can be avoided only if the details that are available on Desktop are made available on the app as well. AGAIN, not just the badge...

As for those who say Fiverr Select badge means nothing, but merely the fact that you spend money on the platform. Nope, it means loyalty, it means that you trust the platform with some or all of your business tasks, it means a possible long term business connection with Fiverr. Otherwise do you think they'd assign a dedicated team for you? Because it directly talks to customer lifetime value. And while for most sellers it might mean nothing, it still should mean a possible repeat buyer. You don't even have to treat anyone differently, if your work is good enough I am sure they'd become your repeat buyers automatically but point remains that they are a potential repeat buyer.

I was hoping @gabriel_csm would share all this, but well, I can understand why they might be busy. 

As a Fiverr Select buyer, it helps too because I get my concerns addressed in a matter of 2 hours, not all the times but like 90% of the time. So it means something to me as well. Except that I don't see a lot of benefits in it, which is why I used the word "peasants" out of frustration because it ties to the previous concerns I raised about not actually being able to capitalize on the benefits they've listed for those who are Fiverr Select buyers. It has nothing to do with status quo per say.

It was more or less my way of saying "now this!!!" so yes, while I am appreciative of the quick support, I'd hope there are more benefits than what are available. 

And I do hope that they take this feedback into consideration so that it becomes easier to sort out whether someone is a spammer/scammer.

Lastly, Fiverr Select and Fiverr Business aren't to be referred to as the same, because anyone can opt for Fiverr Pro (formerly known as Fiverr Business, and I am referring to the Pro Buyers, not sellers, since that badge has to be earned), but to be a Fiverr Select, you need to have a certain history on the platform. 

Anyhow, if you still don't understand the reason for this suggestion, God bless you and you have a great day ahead.

Edited by yourbrandingpal
  • Like 2
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, yourbrandingpal said:

if you still don't understand the reason for this suggestion

I understand and agree with your frustration. I just shared my side of the story as a seller. Also, Me personally would almost never suspect a Fiver Select or Business Buyers as a scammer and I've got lots scam/spam messages none of them were Fiverr Select or Business. 

I think this is an individual issue, people can be more skeptical, burned out, have personal issues or as @theratypist mentioned have a lot on their plate. Also people can be the complete opposite and you can't expect a certain treatment from everyone with or without badges. 

Maybe a way to solve this is to educate all the sellers mentioning  "Fiverr Select & Business clients are not scammers" but I doubt that will work.

I hope you find the right sellers to work with in the future. 
Best of luck!

• Like 2