Notification sound too quite after IOS17 update

imamiopial

This is only for iPhone users.

Recently after the IOS17 update all 3rd party app’s notification sounds have been set to “Rebound” which is too quiet to notice and I find myself missing out on important messages and alerts from the Fiverr app. This is making me too conscious to check my phone frequently to see if I missed any messages or notifications.

Unfortunately, the notification sound is fixed and there's no way to change it. 

Is anyone facing similar issues and were you able to find a solution to this issue?

I know this is not a Fiverr problem but an iPhone-related problem. Just want to know if anyone has figured out any ways to fix it.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, gdh_digital said:

Actually Fiverr could do an app update.  Many apps allow you to set the alert sound.

That is true but the problem is with the IOS, they allowed users to change each app's notifications and vibration but the update completely removed the feature.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

On 10/22/2023 at 3:15 AM, imamiopial said:

This is only for iPhone users.

Recently after the IOS17 update all 3rd party app’s notification sounds have been set to “Rebound” which is too quiet to notice and I find myself missing out on important messages and alerts from the Fiverr app. This is making me too conscious to check my phone frequently to see if I missed any messages or notifications.

Unfortunately, the notification sound is fixed and there's no way to change it. 

Is anyone facing similar issues and were you able to find a solution to this issue?

I know this is not a Fiverr problem but an iPhone-related problem. Just want to know if anyone has figured out any ways to fix it.

Yes. You're right. I faced this problem.

• Like 8

I'm very happy with the change so far, the new sound is much better, the other was annoying. I don't need it blaring, I'm on the computer all day anyway, and get the notifications on my watch, so I actually have the phone on silent most of the time. Of course ideally we should be able to set up notification sounds for the app, I don't get why Fiverr doesn't implement that feature.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 11

21 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

please let us know when the issue is fixed. 

Sure, I have reached out to the Apple community and seems like a lot of people are upset with this change and have requesteda change.

Everyone is waiting for Tim Cook to miss an important notification so it gets fixed soon. 😄

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

ideally we should be able to set up notification sounds for the app

Exactly, I’ve used button flip phones that had these features, also changing to a custom ringtone is not natively allowed. 

Honestly, it feels like I'm renting the phone instead of owning it. 

22 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

the new sound is much better, the other was annoying.

It is soft, quite and pleasing and I get it why it works for you.

For me, I get most of my buyer messages at night when I'm sleeping so I completely miss everything after the update.

24 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

I don't get why Fiverr doesn't implement that feature.

I guess most phones have this feature natively that's why Fiverr probably didn't bother adding it but if they do that would be helpful!

• Like 7

18 hours ago, imamiopial said:

For me, I get most of my buyer messages at night when I'm sleeping so I completely miss everything after the update.

If you're sleeping, you're sleeping. You wake up, and check notifications in the morning. You won't miss anything. Are you saying you want to be awaken at night every time you get a new message? That sounds like a nightmare. I'd just put my phone in silent mode for the night, if that were the case.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Are you saying you want to be awaken at night every time you get a new message? That sounds like a nightmare.

It really is a nightmare when trying to sleep.

For me, Most sales are generated at night time and I find myself awake most nights and sleeping in the daytime.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2023 at 12:48 AM, vickiespencer said:

Thanks for informing us about this. I will only download the IOS17 update once the situation is corrected. @imamiopial, please let us know when the issue is fixed. 

The issue is now fixed with IOS 17.2 update, Now you’ll be able to select a default notification sound for 3rd party apps.

Hope this helps!

• Like 6