Have you been having problems getting all of your notifications?

mandyzines

For the past week, I've been having issues with the app. I rely on it for notifications. I did completely miss a new message from a new buyer and now that stat's down to 96%. two messages today also didn't come through. Well, maybe only half of all notifications today came through, and it was an active day.

The main site's glitchy; I got these weird error messages I've never seen before logging in a few minutes ago. The forum's also glitchy; i had a hard time logging in just now.

It just kind of seems like everything is wonky, but what really matters is that message notifications aren't! I don't know how long I'll be in whatever kind of dungeon for missing that one message. Boo!

Anyhoo, has anyone else been having problems?

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, alphagev said:

Exactly what happened to me. No notification whatsoever 

About 4 days later, I activated the app and it directed me to an Apple Store update to download. The notes weren't very specific, but maybe not getting messages via the app were a one of the fixes that the update adressed.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, mandyzines said:

About 4 days later, I activated the app and it directed me to an Apple Store update to download. The notes weren't very specific, but maybe not getting messages via the app were a one of the fixes that the update adressed.

I'll check the google store then as I'm an Android user. Hope the bug is already fixed. The missing notification led my response time to drop to 18 hrs. We'll see...

• Like 7

@mandyzines, @marjanul, & @alphagev - you might want to contact CS to have those stats adjusted. 

The site and app always seem to be glitchy ... I've had instances when messages don't show up immediately in the inbox (but they show up later and my response times are affected). I also always visit my spam box several times a day to mark the messages as "read." Sometimes the messages Fiverr automatically marks as spam get counted against you. My Success Manager fixed my stats to 100% when a glitch incorrectly counted the spam against me and brought my stats to 96%.

When I mentioned these glitches to CS, they always tell me to reach out to them so that my stats can be corrected.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

I also always visit my spam box several times a day to mark the messages as "read."

Thank you for everything, Viki! I feel a little silly asking this, but, is there a separate box for spam? Here I thought that I simply didn't get much!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mandyzines said:

is there a separate box for spam?

It's shows up as a filter in the inbox:

image.png.0df6b24469124238e986d3dc989e2491.png

Once I click on the icon in the upper right corner, I visit the "Unread" and "Spam" folders. I then click on any messages that are in gray or have a red timer on it.

image.png.b460b5d45a41d369c067307e85f37c7a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/1/2023 at 12:53 AM, vickieito said:

When I mentioned these glitches to CS, they always tell me to reach out to them so that my stats can be corrected.

It's what I did after your advice - thanks, by the way.

CS told me they can't fix the Response Time (18 hrs now) and that my Response Rate is 100% so there is nothing to do about it

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

On 9/24/2023 at 9:01 AM, mandyzines said:

For the past week, I've been having issues with the app. I rely on it for notifications. I did completely miss a new message from a new buyer and now that stat's down to 96%. two messages today also didn't come through. Well, maybe only half of all notifications today came through, and it was an active day.

The main site's glitchy; I got these weird error messages I've never seen before logging in a few minutes ago. The forum's also glitchy; i had a hard time logging in just now.

It just kind of seems like everything is wonky, but what really matters is that message notifications aren't! I don't know how long I'll be in whatever kind of dungeon for missing that one message. Boo!

Anyhoo, has anyone else been having problems?

I use website on pc

sometimes I don't get notifications, specially when tab is idle (having no activity for many minutes)

I manually check mail, with gap of few hours

• Like 3

13 hours ago, alphagev said:

CS told me they can't fix the Response Time (18 hrs now) and that my Response Rate is 100% so there is nothing to do about it

At least the response rate is 100% - the response time shouldn't affect you too much. It should only filter out the buyers who want immediate responses from their sellers (which isn't a bad thing - I prefer the buyers who can wait for my replies).

• Like 3

Fiverr has a way of automatically marking some messages as "spam." These messages then go directly into the spam folder. It seems that some real customers get caught in this filter too. This could possibly happen if a customer is messaging too many sellers too fast, causing Fiverr to flag their account.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1