can we ask buyers to write a review? it is not against TOS!

farshad19rodar

Question

Hi,

I've come across discussions where people claim that asking buyers for an honest review goes against Fiverr's Terms of Service (TOS). However, this is not accurate. If you read this link, you will see that Fiverr explicitly mentions that you are not allowed to ask buyers for a positive review. Therefore, it is perfectly acceptable to ask buyers for an honest review.  
https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049982353-Reviews-and-ratings

• Fiverr does not allow sellers to manipulate or guilt buyers into providing positive feedback.

I just wanted to know if are there any other sources or instances where Fiverr explicitly states not to request an honest review from buyers. 

• Like 12

7 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, taslima621 said:

You should not ask direct review from buyers. If your work is good, also buys is professional, they definitely give you review. So don't worry about review, just focus on your work quality.🤗

I understand your point. However, I created this topic to clarify that requesting an honest review from buyers is not in violation of TOS.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, farshad19rodar said:

clarify that requesting an honest review from buyers is not in violation of TOS

Asking for a review is not a violation but asking for a 5-star review is indeed a violation.

However, there is no point in asking for reviews as the Fiverr algorithm is already doing its job by sending notifications to the buyer. Buyers get notified ~three times to leave public and private reviews, so any one more time can only irritate them with so many ping-pong notifications.

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1