Response Rate

ajoyfulgrace

Question

Hi, I have always had a 100% response rate until recently I was on a road trip a week ago and could not get to my inbox within 5 minutes of every inquiry. Nothing went over 24 hours though and by the next day, I had responded to every single inquiry. Since then I have responded the minute I've opened my app to try to get my rate back up, but a lot of my inquiries come from overseas, and when they write I am asleep. I tend to get to them about 5 hours after they are sent. My rate has stayed in the 70th percentile since and I cannot get it back to 100% no matter how efficient I am.  (Currently at 79%) Does anyone know if there's something I am missing or if there is anything I can do? 

• Like 18
  • Up 1

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ajoyfulgrace said:

Nothing went over 24 hours though and by the next day,

If, in the last 60 days, you've replied within 24 hours to every message you received then you could contact Fiverr CS as there could be an error, since it should only decrease the response rate if you didn't reply to ever message in the last 60 days within 24 hours.

1 hour ago, ajoyfulgrace said:

Does anyone know if there's something I am missing or if there is anything I can do? 

There's not much else you can do I think. Technically you could try to reply to them earlier but if you'd be losing some sleep then it would be a bad idea. You could try turning out of office mode on at night then back off when you are ready to answer them but that will most likely have a bad effect on all your gigs, making them probably show at lower positions in the search results.

You could also try creating gigs that are more specifically for your country if you haven't already so you may get more buyers from there messaging.

But you could just leave things as they are and try messaging as fast as possible and hoping you could more messages and the best times.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12
  • Up 2

15 hours ago, ajoyfulgrace said:

Hi, I have always had a 100% response rate until recently I was on a road trip a week ago and could not get to my inbox within 5 minutes of every inquiry. Nothing went over 24 hours though and by the next day, I had responded to every single inquiry. Since then I have responded the minute I've opened my app to try to get my rate back up, but a lot of my inquiries come from overseas, and when they write I am asleep. I tend to get to them about 5 hours after they are sent. My rate has stayed in the 70th percentile since and I cannot get it back to 100% no matter how efficient I am.  (Currently at 79%) Does anyone know if there's something I am missing or if there is anything I can do? 

Hello Anna,

You must respond within 24 hours of the message being received, or it will affect your response rate. If you block a user from contacting you: You must also report their messages as spam to avoid having your response rate drop.

You can follow this detailed guide written by Fiverr team to manage your response rate

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011451678-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-response-time-rate

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, djricsantos said:

What happens to a level one seller if next month's evaluation is be low 90% in response?

They become unleveled (same as a new seller).

I knew a seller who went from Level 2 to New Seller overnight due to spam messages that plummeted her response rate. It was unfortunate that it happened around Fiverr's seller evaluation time (around the 15th of the month). It took her 2 months to get back to Level 2.

If you already met the TRS qualifications, Fiverr requires at least 3 months at Level 2 before they even consider your account eligible for TRS nomination again (with eligibility for TRS checked every 3 months). However, there are many sellers who lost the TRS designation and never got that badge again.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1