Fiverr Review Embedding

rehan_sathio

Question

14 answers to this question

On 8/13/2023 at 12:21 PM, rehan_sathio said:

Maybe a fiverr public API?

They don't provide one currently.

You could go to growth & marketing->scale your business and copy the code to create a badge that you can use on your blog that will link to your Fiverr profile to promote it (as long as it's not spammed anywhere).

You could check Fiverr's Terms of Service too.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

On 8/13/2023 at 4:51 PM, rehan_sathio said:

Hey mates, is there any way to fetch our profile reviews for personal website? Maybe a fiverr public API?

There is no official API but since any external website link can be embedded and displayed using jquery. You can use this code:- 

image.png.3bebc466cdd081459c9cd9e6852acf1e.png

Now the problem is that it will display the entire profile page. But using CSS, you can set the width and height of the iframe, crop the unwanted area and keep only the review section. It's going to be a bit trickier and you'll have to play with the CSS and Javascript but you'll get the results you're looking for.

• Like 8

On 8/14/2023 at 11:33 PM, uk1000 said:

They don't provide one currently.

You could go to growth & marketing->scale your business and copy the code to create a badge that you can use on your blog that will link to your Fiverr profile to promote it (as long as it's not spammed anywhere).

You could check Fiverr's Terms of Service too.

Actually, I don't want the entire profile to be shown due to design inconsistency. I have already a page "Testimonials" where I want to display reviews from Fiverr in my own design and creative way. For that I need raw reviews in any format to save in database.

• Like 6

On 8/15/2023 at 1:34 AM, rawque_gulia said:

There is no official API but since any external website link can be embedded and displayed using jquery. You can use this code:- 

image.png.3bebc466cdd081459c9cd9e6852acf1e.png

Now the problem is that it will display the entire profile page. But using CSS, you can set the width and height of the iframe, crop the unwanted area and keep only the review section. It's going to be a bit trickier and you'll have to play with the CSS and Javascript but you'll get the results you're looking for.

As again, I want to keep my design consistent. Also on profile there are listed only few reviews. So the returned html would have only 5 or 6 etc. I need all.

I was wondering to scrape it. Is it okay to scrape?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, rehan_sathio said:

I want to display reviews from Fiverr in my own design and creative way. For that I need raw reviews in any format to save in database.

If you want the full reviews to put on your website - ask Fiverr CS for permission first to be safe (and maybe let them know how you were thinking of doing it and ask them whether it would be okay).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

Embedding the profile is one thing, and scraping/copy-pasting data from Fiverr website to another is altogether different thing.

Fiverr may not allow you to scrape/copy-paste their data to another website. It may involve legal aspects. Please confirm with Fiverr Customer Support before proceeding.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rehan_sathio said:

Also on profile there are listed only few reviews. So the returned html would have only 5 or 6 etc.

There is already a button 'show more reviews' and by using another jquery you can detect if someone is clicking inside your iFrame and then after a click detection, you can increase the height of your iFrame so that the new reviews can fit in the new height.

It's all about implementation and how far you can think. Everything is possible in the world of programming. I've practiced programming a bit in 2016-2018, but I'm not a professional, so that's all I'll be able to help with. For programming related questions, you can ask on Stackoverflow.

1 hour ago, rehan_sathio said:

I was wondering to scrape it. Is it okay to scrape?

Not all all recommended as I don't think Fiverr will be very happy with it. But as @uk1000 said, you can give a try by contacting customer support and ask their permission.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sripra9007 said:

Hi,

Did you get a response to your ticket from CS? It would be good if you share here what they mentioned.

Yes so the Fiverr representative said:

Thanks for the clarification. At this time we don't have the option for you to integrate the reviews on your website.

The only option is either to copy them, or you can take screenshots and post multiple reviews at once.

I hope that something like this will be developed in the future.

scraping such information is not allowed

• Like 4
  • Up 1