The Inbox Response Time system is outdated.

The inbox response time system needs to be changed. Currently, this metric creates a negative work/life balance.

Not all sellers appreciate having to be online 12 hours a day to answer questions, especially when most of my inbox messages come through from 7-9pm local time or while I'm sleeping. I'd appreciate if after 5pm local time (or a custom time set by the user) the inbox response rate stops counting. For example, users should be able to set an allotted 8 working hours per day where the response time metric will count.

Expecting sellers to be available almost 12 hours a day is unrealistic and unhealthy, and being penalized for not being active and responding during the evening hours when I'm spending time with my family is discouraging.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

20 hours ago, nicks_voice said:

The inbox response time system needs to be changed. Currently, this metric creates a negative work/life balance.

Not all sellers appreciate having to be online 12 hours a day to answer questions, especially when most of my inbox messages come through from 7-9pm local time or while I'm sleeping. I'd appreciate if after 5pm local time (or a custom time set by the user) the inbox response rate stops counting. For example, users should be able to set an allotted 8 working hours per day where the response time metric will count.

Expecting sellers to be available almost 12 hours a day is unrealistic and unhealthy, and being penalized for not being active and responding during the evening hours when I'm spending time with my family is discouraging.

It also doesn’t make much sense to measure this too, as sellers can just reply “hi” and then take ages to respond, this gives the appearance of a 1-hour response rate when it isn’t really.

• Like 3

Your thinking about "8 working hours set a day" is really good. I appreciate your thinking. I think fiverr community have to think about it. 

I know the inbox response rate impacts a lot for a gig. Good inbox response rate is necessary to get regular order. 

• Like 2