Communication via email alloud?

dianabelfor

Question

17 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, dianabelfor said:

Hi,

if a client ask me to sent me  scripts via e-mail is that allowed?
Because in that case I give away personal data. Or is that no problem on the Fiverr platform?

Hi there, 

No, not unless you're a Pro seller. They can attach the script files in the chat or order conversations here on Fiverr. Consider it a red flag if a buyer asks you to contact them outside the platform. It's also against the terms on Fiverr. Only pro sellers are allowed to have contact with buyers outside of the platform. 

If you have to share personal details to complete an order (an example would be to log in to WordPress to fix a bug or access an internal system like Smartsheets for scripts), that must be done inside the order conversation after the order has been placed. But if the buyer can attach the scripts in an email, they can attach them to a message here on Fiverr. There's no reason to share personal info in that case. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 20
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dianabelfor said:

Because in that case I give away personal data. Or is that no problem on the Fiverr platform?

I often face some clients who are willing to contact me through email to share project information or any other purpose!
as it's against the Fiver TOS, It would be an issue.

My response in this situation is, to be honest about this :

In Fiverr, we are strictly forbidden to contact outside the marketplace. It's a policy term, that I have to follow. for sharing more details you can forward me a docx file that includes all the requirements.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Hi there, 

No, not unless you're a Pro seller. They can attach the script files in the chat or order conversations here on Fiverr. Consider it a red flag if a buyer asks you to contact them outside the platform. It's also against the terms on Fiverr. Only pro sellers are allowed to have contact with buyers outside of the platform. 

If you have to share personal details to complete an order (an example would be to log in to WordPress to fix a bug or access an internal system like Smartsheets for scripts), that must be done inside the order conversation after the order has been placed. But if the buyer can attach the scripts in an email, they can attach them to a message here on Fiverr. There's no reason to share personal info in that case. 

Clear answer, thanks. So then I did well. I cleared all my contact info in the chat.

But I had some trouble making an offer. I clicked on the gig the client want to use. By doing that changing the prise is not possible. am I right?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dianabelfor said:

But I had some trouble making an offer. I clicked on the gig the client want to use. By doing that changing the prise is not possible. am I right?

You can change the price when making custom offers, but make sure that it is in line with the listed price.

For example, if you state you'll do voiceovers for 50 words at $35, don't increase the price just because you want to. Increase it based on what you've listed your services at. You can charge $70 for 100 words or $85 for 50 words w/ full commercial rights because they are both in line with the prices you state in your gig.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, vickieito said:

For example, if you state you'll do voiceovers for 50 words at $35, don't increase the price just because you want to. Increase it based on what you've listed your services at. You can charge $70 for 100 words or $85 for 50 words w/ full commercial rights because they are both in line with the prices you state in your gig.

Thanks for the reponse.
I understand in what you write, that the changes in price is only possible within the Gig's settings?
I want to give this client a discount, how can I make a personal offer?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dianabelfor said:

how can I make a personal offer?

From your inbox, go to the bottom of your messages and click on "Create an Offer." Once you do that, you can select the gig that you want.

image.thumb.png.02435d38d29c41c40aabf1e662f0aa93.png

Once you select a gig, you can select how you want to get paid (I usually opt for the "Single payment"):

image.png.a6c9b45360351fe33c1cc4615224fc08.png

Once you select the set up for payment, you can then describe your offer, select the number of revisions, delivery timeframe, and price. This is where you can enter in the discounted price for your services. When you are done, click "Send offer."

image.thumb.png.9cf3f05c2a4e8c9c7e117851e64faef6.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, osmanking001 said:

Outside communication is not allowed

This is done from the Fiverr inbox, which is allowed.

The question about outside communication was already addressed by @smashradio at the top of this thread. To which the OP stated:

11 hours ago, dianabelfor said:

Clear answer, thanks. So then I did well. I cleared all my contact info in the chat.

But I had some trouble making an offer.

I was responding to the OP's question about making an offer.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

This is where you can enter in the discounted price for your services. When you are done, click "Send offer."

I did all the steps you mentioned, it is also discribed in the video,  but still Fiverr calculated its own price. It could be that I do someting wrong. Next time I will see what hapens and will have a closer look at it.

For now thanks for your help.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dianabelfor said:

I did all the steps you mentioned, it is also discribed in the video,  but still Fiverr calculated its own price. It could be that I do someting wrong. Next time I will see what hapens and will have a closer look at it.

For now thanks for your help.

That is strange. You should be able to add whatever price you want there. What price did you enter (and what price did Fiverr put in)?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

try to avoid that thing if not necessary don't share and if necessary for example client want to give you google drive access or something like that when email provide is nessrory then we can share but keep in mind all your conversation needs to be in fiverr platform as well 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, jyoti_517 said:

Fiverr will ban you if you do this. It is only allowed for pro sellers.

All sellers (new, Level 1, Level 2, Pro, TRS) have a Fiverr inbox where they can send custom offers. I don't know why you think only Pro sellers can send custom offers.

Please note the Help Desk article where it clearly shows that sellers of all levels can create custom offers up to $20,000:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010560118-Achieving-levels

• Like 14
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, vickieito said:

That is strange. You should be able to add whatever price you want there. What price did you enter (and what price did Fiverr put in)?

Thanks all for your input and answers everyone!
No private sharing of what so ever. Clear.
With the discount, I will try it out and see what happens next time. Thanks for your comments.

• Like 10

What if I want to see the video or film the client has produced. I need this to provide a voice-over. Is it allowed that the client shares a link where I can few the video? Or must the client upload his video in Fiverr so I can watched it? And what if the client doen't want to upload?

• Like 4

The client can attach it.

I don't think Fiverr minds them using a dropbox link (though you could check with CS if you wanted to know for sure).

In this page: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010639437-Delivering-an-order

It says:

Troubleshoot file attachments or technical errors

If the file you'd like to deliver is too big, or you experience technical limitations, you may use alternative methods to send a file (e.g., a dropbox link).

while that's for delivering orders I'm quite sure they don't mind buyers using dropbox too. Though make sure you don't give any contact details out and make sure any link doesn't need you to log in, ie. make sure it's a public link only (Fiverr doesn't allow off site contact). Also be careful of viruses too (check any files and file extensions).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4