Looking For Some Insight

looseink

Question

In two days I will have my first Seller Plus Zoom call. 

I'm curious, if you are in the program can you answer the following questions...

1) Did you learn things to change to help your gigs attract more activity?

2) Did your gigs attract more activity?

3) Are you making more now as a Seller Plus member than you were before you entered the program?

4) Do you have anything else to add about your Seller Plus experience?

Thanks!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, looseink said:

In two days I will have my first Seller Plus Zoom call. 

Yay, @looseink! Happy to see you a member of the Seller Plus community! 😊

1) Did you learn things to change to help your gigs attract more activity?

2) Did your gigs attract more activity?

3) Are you making more now as a Seller Plus member than you were before you entered the program?

I was actually trying to get less activity, but higher quality leads. I was already turning away 95% of the buyers in my inbox but now I'm accepting about 75% of the projects coming to me. So yes, I am making more $$$ now than I was before being on the Seller Plus program. I think my overall impressions are less but I have a much higher conversion rate.

So the things that I learned/has helped me include:

1. Request to Order - has been a real game changer for my business. It helps me to plan out my orders and create a schedule that works for me in my life. I also have less cancelations and can politely say 'no' to clients that I know will be difficult. It's wonderful knowing that I'm not forced to take on every project that a buyer wants to push on me.

2. Accountability partner - My Success Manager is my best accountability partner. If I tell her I'm going to reduce my time on the forum to work towards my goals (and then I see her on the forum) ...hehe ... I quickly leave the forum and get back to working on what I was supposed to be doing. 😅

3. Thinking outside of the box - It really helps to have a Success Manager who has a different perspective than I do. She often makes suggestions that I've never even considered, or considered, but quickly dismissed. I started offering video consultations (where previously I refused to even do Zoom calls), and found it's a great way to quickly make extra income. I had to be willing to get outside of my comfort zone to make that change happen, so it was helpful to have a Success Manager pushing me along.

4. Restructuring all my gig packages ... so that they work for me. Previously they were structured to give my clients the best deal possible, but I was getting burnt out a lot. I did time studies on every one of my gigs and calculated the prices that I needed to have in order to hit my income goals. This was with the help of my Success Managers.

5. Niching down - Funny how I was optimizing people's resumes but I could not optimize my own business by niching down. I was a jack-of-all-trades with gigs in virtual assisting, data entry, presentation designs, beta reading, and writing. I was having a hard time defining who I was, what my anchors were, and who my target clients were. I felt like I was spread thin over all of my different gigs but didn't want to let them go. I also didn't want to call myself a writer for the longest time (but slowly made the transition from "freelancer" to "freelance writer" to "technical writer"). I got rid of my Research & Summaries and my Data Entry gigs and started focusing on my technical writing more.

4) Do you have anything else to add about your Seller Plus experience?

I really think your success depends on you - whether you have Seller Plus or not. I believe it's a combination of factors, and you really get out what you put into your business. 

So I take the reigns on my Seller Plus experience, not my Success Manager. I tell her what my goals are, where I'm heading, and what I'm working on. I really love the Seller Plus program and tools, forum, and having a Sucess Manager in my corner.

As for the Zoom meetings, I really don't use them. I've had 3 success managers and 3 Zoom meetings just to introduce myself to them. The rest of our conversations are by email. It's much more convenient communicating that way.

• Like 10
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vickieito said:

I was actually trying to get less activity, but higher quality leads. I was already turning away 95% of the buyers in my inbox but now I'm accepting about 75% of the projects coming to me. 

Too bad you can't make referrals!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1