How can I promote my Fiverr gigs outside of the platform to attract more clients?

glamarchitectur

Congratulations on completing 8 orders in just 26 days on Fiverr! That's an impressive accomplishment. It's a testament to your skills, dedication, and hard work as a freelancer on the platform. Consistently delivering quality work and satisfying your clients are essential factors in building a successful freelance business.

Edited by glamarchitectur
  • Like 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, glamarchitectur said:

"Congratulations on completing 8 orders in just 26 days on Fiverr! That's an impressive accomplishment. It's a testament to your skills, dedication, and hard work as a freelancer on the platform. Consistently delivering quality work and satisfying your clients are essential factors in building a successful freelance business."

Did that message appear as a notification? That's pretty cool if that's the case! 😁 God bless you! Congrats on your accomplishment!

(From your profile, it looks like you're doing WAAAAAAAY better than I was when my account was only that old 😅)

Edited by themarineiguana
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2023 at 3:33 PM, glamarchitectur said:

How has your experience been on Fiverr since the buyer request function was shut down?

Buyer Requests was a cesspool of manipulative buyers cheating people for cheap work. Good riddance, Briefs is a much better option.

The increased competition is due to Covid and more people working from home, not Buyer Requests. Marketing strategies are shifting all the time anyway, and Fiverr always had the algorithm dictate your position in search. There are still a lot of sellers that earn tons of money here, and many of them are new. So it more comes down to how you promote your services, if anything. 

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1

Hi @glamarchitectur,

Welcome to Fiverr and the forum! @donnovan86's post pretty well sums up my thoughts on buyer requests. I'm glad it was replaced with Buyer Briefs last year.

I see that you joined Fiverr in March 2023 and it looks like you are wondering how to do business without buyer requests. As you mentioned, it is a shift in your marketing strategies ... and you do need to rely on Fiverr's algorithm to get seen by potential clients.

There are several things that you can do to understand how Fiverr's algorithm works so that you can apply this knowledge to your business. Here are several articles that you can read about Fiverr's algorithm:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/243824-welcome-to-fiverr-30/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/278118-fiverr-30-revisited-aka-fiverr-31/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/300818-fiverr-40-some-thoughts-on-the-current-state-of-things/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/293675-%F0%9F%93%88-fiverr-simplified-get-matched/

Even though competition is pretty high, you can reduce the competition by niching down so that you are competing with fewer sellers. Also, the more targeted and specific you are, the better chance you have of being found by the buyers who need your services.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

you can reduce the competition by niching down so that you are competing with fewer sellers

That's the thing, everyone wants to cheat and be high in search. These last few days alone, I replied to a lot of similar topics, how to rank the gig high. All sellers that asked that had few to no orders, but they have big dreams. The thing is, there is no shortcut and everyone's road to success is different. Also a lot of people never even reach success so.. 

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1