Seller Cannot be Found Anymore

joe612953

Hello,

I have an issue with a seller, and I'm not sure if should worry about it or not?

I have placed an order with this seller to build a website, the project is currently in progress. I have been in touch with the seller for a while already, but the order was only placed a few days ago. Seller seemed pretty legit and had quite a number of gigs under his belt. I have not heard from the seller since I placed the order, although he said he would give me regular updates. I didn't think anything of it, as I figured he was just busy working on my website. Today, I decided to get in touch, and strangely couldn't message him anymore through the message inbox, only via the order page, so I did. After that I tried to click on his profile and realized that his profile was no longer active. I then conducted a search with his name and quickly realized that all his gigs were gone, and a message from Fiverr appeared mentioning  'No Results Found For Your Search'. And when clicking on the gig, I get the following message from Fiverr, ''The Gig you were looking for is no longer available. Here are some other gigs you may find interesting'' 

I have now requested an update via the resolution center, but I'm wondering if I should perhaps just cancel the order, as all this is way too fishy for my liking. 

The only thing I'm now left with is the order timeline and the chat we've had since the beginning.

Any advice on what one should do in this type of situation?

Thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, joe612953 said:

No Results Found For Your Search'. And when clicking on the gig, I get the following message from Fiverr, ''The Gig you were looking for is no longer available. Here are some other gigs you may find interesting'' 

So there are a few things here. Maybe he blocked you in the inbox, but it makes no sense because there's an open order.

It could also be that the seller's account is under review. When that happens they are not allowed to connect with others, but a seller still continues to work on current orders. So that might be the case. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

When that happens they are not allowed to connect with others, but a seller still continues to work on current orders.

If the account is under review, however, the seller should still be able to communicate with buyers that they have open orders with (or with buyers they recently closed orders with, that are still in that review period). I'm not sure why the seller wouldn't communicate with the OP if the order is still active.

The only time I couldn't communicate with my buyers was when my account was shut down by a hacker (because all orders in queue were automatically canceled). Under restricted mode (which is probably where the OP's seller is), I could communicate with a buyer who I recently closed an order with (and would have been able to communicate with the other buyers who had active orders with me, if those orders weren't automatically canceled by the system). I was in restricted mode until Fiverr verified I went through all the necessary measures to protect myself against another cybersecurity attack.

3 hours ago, joe612953 said:

Any advice on what one should do in this type of situation?

I would reach out to CS to see if there's any reason that your seller can't contact you when you have an open order with them. There may be a reason, and CS may recommend that you cancel the order.

I was lucky that five of my buyers chose to reopen orders with me 4 days later, after my account was restored. I really didn't expect my buyers to wait that long (especially when I couldn't communicate with them and they had no idea what was going on). If accounts are restricted because the account is under review, however, the wait could be up to 90 days. So CS could recommend that you cancel.

• Like 3

It's better to seek clarification/guidance from Fiverr's support team. You can reach out to them by sending an email to "support@fiverr.com"

Or you can use the chatbot (usually found on bottom right of the page) to get a service request/ticket opened. Either ways, they should be able to help you.

• Like 4

Hi @joe612953

In cases like this, the best thing you can do is contact our Customer Support and you did great by doing so. In addition, someone from our Team will contact you regarding this issue. Please do not worry, together we will find the best way to resolve this issue. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

• Like 3