Cancellation vs Negative feedback?

shopifort

Question

5 answers to this question

Well in some cases buyers will be asked to leave private feedback if they cancel, even if this new feature they wanted to add is postponed. Buyers are still asked in some cases to leave a review, so even if you want to avoid bad feedback just by canceling, you might be out of luck.

Ideally, you want to work with the customer and offer him the best possible service. If you can't, then you will have to cancel, but remember that in some cases buyers can still leave private feedback even after the cancellation. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Well in some cases buyers will be asked to leave private feedback if they cancel, even if this new feature they wanted to add is postponed. Buyers are still asked in some cases to leave a review, so even if you want to avoid bad feedback just by canceling, you might be out of luck.

Ideally, you want to work with the customer and offer him the best possible service. If you can't, then you will have to cancel, but remember that in some cases buyers can still leave private feedback even after the cancellation. 

Thanks, Thats a new for me. 
It is obvious that providing the best service is the best solution.

but in my Last orders I had 2 bad experiences. 
1- Buyer placed order and I delivered him more than what he ordered. In his 2nd order, I missed some points however I was still working and time was left but he started abusing where I decided not to continue. Though he wanted me to finish but I had to cancel it. 
2- other case was where I was asked to do some task but client keep on asking Revisions. I had to work almost 5 times more than what was the original scope. 

After that It been 3 months and not a single new client or message.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, shopifort said:

What is the worst scenario? Canceling the order or Negative private feedback?

Order cancellation and getting negative feedback are really worst for any sellers. Your gig impressions and clicks will be down day by day. If you don't get any order in the same gig then your gig will go down. So, be careful of it while taking an order. The work that you can do just take that order. Don't accept the work that you don't know. 
My recent experience in the same situation is I got 2 order cancellation and my gig impressions and clicks got down day by day not getting many orders. But after 2 months gig impressions and clicks are getting increased. So, be careful of it.

• Like 8