The buyer wants to contact outside fiverr

albylu

Question

Hi!! I just complete a job for a user and he is asking if we can continue to communicate by telegram, but he will continue making the orders through Fiverr, however, I do not feel comfortable with that, what do you suggest that I should answer to this buyer? What I should do

• Like 29
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1

24 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, albylu said:

Hi!! I just complete a job for a user and he is asking if we can continue to communicate by telegram, but he will continue making the orders through Fiverr, however, I do not feel comfortable with that, what do you suggest that I should answer to this buyer? What I should do

No, you can't do that, and the answer is simple: 

"I appreciate that you want to stay in touch and keep working with me, but as per the terms on Fiverr, all communication must stay on the platform. Thank you for understanding."

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, smashradio said:

"I appreciate that you want to stay in touch and keep working with me, but as per the terms on Fiverr, all communication must stay on the platform. Thank you for understanding."

Thank you! I was afraid to sound rude, and I was unsure about how to answer them

• Like 25

12 minutes ago, albylu said:

Thank you! I was afraid to sound rude, and I was unsure about how to answer them

You'd be surprised how much you can say without sounding rude. 

I just told a client (outside of Fiverr) the following: 

"I appreciate our past collaborations. However, it appears our professional expectations differ significantly. As a result, I recommend that we explore alternative avenues that may be better suited to our individual business goals. I value your contributions and wish you every success in your future endeavors."

That's my business translation for "You're a horrible client". 🤣

• Like 26
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, albylu said:

If a buyer insists on communicating outside of Fiverr or engages in suspicious behavior, report the situation to Fiverr's support team.

Fiverr provides a secure platform for communication, you can read recommendations

https://www.fiverr.com/trust_safety

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017813438-Communication-The-dos-and-donts?segment=buyer

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 7:45 PM, lalitsdmittal said:

Say no and you can ask him/her to install the fiverr app in the phone so that he/she can message you anytime...

I did that once, it worked great. Customer did not know such application existed, was really really happy to install it

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 9:41 PM, smashradio said:

Thanks to this. I just joined this platform and already got a message about a potential job. Exciting, right? But they want to chat on Telegram. Talk about mixed emotions! I'm pumped but also a little scared. I mean, what if I mess up on my first gig? It's like a rollercoaster of emotions. 

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

On 7/3/2023 at 2:41 AM, smashradio said:

On 7/3/2023 at 1:47 AM, albylu said:

I have the same predicament. The buyer messaged me after putting on my initial gig then suddenly went off after leaving a message inviting me to contact her on Telegram. So, I looked upon some answers here on fiverr forum that match the same situation.

Thanks for the insight. I used the response above, so the tone sounds professional, after searching that person in Telegram.

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1

Here are some important points to keep in mind:

1. Communication within Fiverr: Fiverr encourages all communication between buyers and sellers to take place on their platform. This includes messaging, file sharing, and payment processing. Fiverr provides a messaging system for this purpose.

2. Reasons to Stay on Fiverr: There are several good reasons to communicate within Fiverr:

• Fiverr tracks all communication, which can be useful in case of disputes.
    • You have access to Fiverr's resolution center for any issues that may arise.
    • It helps ensure the security and legitimacy of transactions.
  3. Avoiding Violations: Attempting to move communication or transactions off the platform is against Fiverr's terms of service and can result in account suspension or closure.

If a buyer suggests moving communication or transactions outside of Fiverr, it's generally best to politely inform them of Fiverr's policy and encourage them to use the platform's messaging system. If the buyer insists on communicating outside Fiverr, you may want to consider whether you want to continue the transaction, as it may be against Fiverr's policies and could pose risks.

Always prioritize your own and your client's safety and adhere to the platform's policies to avoid potential issues.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

I understand FIVERR's policy on sharing contact information; however, I need an email address to delegate access for a web build and my developer says she cannot share that with me. My host says they need an email address, and I do not see how me spilling my credentials in FIVERR makes anyone more secure. This simply seem less secure for me.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2023 at 11:47 PM, albylu said:

It's scam  and against of  TOS. So, you should not follow it. You should abide by the rules and regulations of Fiverr.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I just created my own gig last night and had 5 messages when I woke up.  All of them want to connect on Instagram or Telegram.  And then It says all of them cant be contacted, but it doesn't affect my rating??

After reading all the comments and listening to my intuition that something was fishy, what just happened? lol

Thanks!

• Like 4