Suitable category for 'html email template'?

electrokoushik

Question

Recently I published my 'Html email template' gig under the category Programming & Tech > Software Development > Email Template which is suggested by Fiverr.

After that, I switched my browser to incognito mode and make search in Fiverr by writing 'html email template'.

On the search result page [result in attachment], I saw that, Fiverr asked me to choose a category between the two categories for better result and the categories are 'Software Developent' and 'Email marketing' where both categories contain a short description.

For 'Software Developent' category short description is 'Add features to your website with custom web applications and extensions' and for 'Email marketing' category short description is 'Avoid the junk folder with freelance email marketing services'.

After reading this, it is evident that a regular person will choose 'Email marketing'. As my gig is under 'Software Developent', so he/she won't see my gig in search result.
So, should I change the category of my gig? Please help.
T.I.A

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 18-53-52 Find the best global talent.png

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, electrokoushik said:

Recently I published my 'Html email template' gig under the category Programming & Tech > Software Development > Email Template which is suggested by Fiverr.

After that, I switched my browser to incognito mode and make search in Fiverr by writing 'html email template'.

On the search result page [result in attachment], I saw that, Fiverr asked me to choose a category between the two categories for better result and the categories are 'Software Developent' and 'Email marketing' where both categories contain a short description.

For 'Software Developent' category short description is 'Add features to your website with custom web applications and extensions' and for 'Email marketing' category short description is 'Avoid the junk folder with freelance email marketing services'.

After reading this, it is evident that a regular person will choose 'Email marketing'. As my gig is under 'Software Developent', so he/she won't see my gig in search result.
So, should I change the category of my gig? Please help.
T.I.A

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 18-53-52 Find the best global talent.png

There's difference in both:
- Software Development HTML Template > Do you design email markup ? styles ? banners etc ?

Email Templates for Gmail: The 4 Best Ways to Easily Design Marketing Emails

or

- Email Marketing > Do you write email template in text format ? Example:
```

Hi Lucy from linkedin,

We are glad to offer you premium ...

```

• Like 7

16 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

There's difference in both:
- Software Development HTML Template > Do you design email markup ? styles ? banners etc ?

Email Templates for Gmail: The 4 Best Ways to Easily Design Marketing Emails

or

- Email Marketing > Do you write email template in text format ? Example:
```

Hi Lucy from linkedin,

We are glad to offer you premium ...

```

Hello dear, maybe you didn't understand my point. I make/built email template by html (table tag) coding, that's why I posted my gig under the category 'Software Development'.
But on search result page Fiverr set short description for category 'Software Development' is 'Add features to your website with custom web application and extension.'  [*see inage in attachment]
So, a regular person must click on 'Email marketing' category, as he/she didn't need any website/web app. If he/she do that they can't see my gig anymore.
That's why I want to know should I switch my category for the gig?

• Like 7

18 hours ago, electrokoushik said:

Hello dear, maybe you didn't understand my point. I make/built email template by html (table tag) coding, that's why I posted my gig under the category 'Software Development'.
But on search result page Fiverr set short description for category 'Software Development' is 'Add features to your website with custom web application and extension.'  [*see inage in attachment]
So, a regular person must click on 'Email marketing' category, as he/she didn't need any website/web app. If he/she do that they can't see my gig anymore.
That's why I want to know should I switch my category for the gig?

go with software development, it supports html and email template category: https://www.fiverr.com/categories/programming-tech/software-development/email-template

other similar, but doesn't match: https://www.fiverr.com/categories/graphics-design/email-design

Difference in both is of html, one uses html, and other may be or not (can also use figma, photoshop etc)

Category relevant to skills, can market well.

About exposure, I fear new seller may not get, even if category switched. there's great competition.

if you are facing impressions issues, better search forum for tips

• Like 7