Hidden Promoted Gig "Qualifications"

jacobmarx297

Question

So I am still fairly new to Fiverr I would say. Joined a couple years ago as a buyer but didn't really start selling until November. Took a couple of months to start getting consistent orders but by February of this year I hit level 2 seller and started promoting one of my gigs. This resulted in a huge upswing of jobs from the platform. So much so that from march through April I did about 28K in total revenue for those months. May was also very good but it started declining because in April Fiverr removed my gig from being promoted. Now that were in June basically all I am getting are a couple new clients here and there but have kept a great recurring client list that has supplemented a steady stream of sales. 

When contacting Fiverr they have no explanation to why my gig cant be promoted anymore and to just keep doing a good job and hopefully it comes back. 

All of my analytics are perfect on my profile and my gigs. 

• 1 Hour response time
  • 5 Star average rating
  • 99% Completion 
  • 100% Inbox response
  • 100% delivered on time

Furthermore under my gig anayaltics I am in the top 10% of CTR and Conversion rate for almost all my gigs. 3 of my gigs I am in the top 1% of conversion rates. 

180 Reviews total with 175 being five stars, 4 four stars and 1 one star. 

I just had another gig cross all of the requirements for being able to promote yet, nothing.... :classic_dry:

Really just trying to understand what possible quality issues Fiverr could have against me and my profile that causes them to want to suppress me. 

In April before they shut off my gigs I had started making explainer videos on youtube promoting Fiverr and had let go of my other work to do Fiverr full time.

Now I am scrambling to get my site active and also investigating platforms like Upwork. I even ran a couple of ads on social media to promote my gigs and got some sales but having to pay a CPA that is double of what I would pay to send traffic to my own site doesn't make much sense. Which I am also working on to get finished at the moment.

Are any other top talent out there experiencing having their promoted gigs turned off for no reason and with no help from support? 

• Like 25

20 answers to this question

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

The hidden metrics are based on gig quality/buyer satisfaction rate. Perhaps you received a negative private review. Keep in mind that people often say something entirely different to Fiverr in private, from what they're saying to you. 

I also float between repeat buyer constantly so even with a negative feedback from one client is valid enough to provide a suspension from my account to promoted gigs. Doesn't really seem like a logical way to run a business. If I do 250 jobs and receive 1 negative feedback, which was probably from the 1 negative review is grounds for termination from promotion.  Seems like Fiverr doesn't really understand with doing business your always going to have a minimum of at least 1% of unsatisfied customers.  It's unavoidable. 

I agree someone would say something different in private feedback but an overwhelmingly high positive feedback should outweigh it. 

• Like 18
  • Up 2

what is shadow banned please can you explain?

i am also struggling with this problem, which is my account is not on the first page as it was before month, i did have reached more than 10k impression at the moment but now it is decreasing and has gone to almost 1k impression. what should i do please?

• Like 20

26 minutes ago, minasealex said:

i am also struggling with this problem, which is my account is not on the first page as it was before month, i did have reached more than 10k impression at the moment but now it is decreasing and has gone to almost 1k impression. what should i do please?

What are you talking about? You not shadowbanned,you have promoted gig active and first page for your keywords,its all fine,you are the problem in this case.

• Like 16

@jacobmarx297I think, one thing you should learn from your previous experience is to be more selective with the person to work with. Buyers/seller profile, reviews give you a least information about them. 

I don't know what really happened with the person who gave you 1 star if there was a lack of communication as he said. But in my opinion, that person is your competitor regarding his gig and profile description because he is a seller too. New seller.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 16

8 hours ago, smashradio said:

The hidden metrics are based on gig quality/buyer satisfaction rate. Perhaps you received a negative private review. Keep in mind that people often say something entirely different to Fiverr in private, from what they're saying to you. 

I am agree with it.

• Like 16

On 6/24/2023 at 1:28 AM, minasealex said:

Shadow banned is a term used by people who expect to be on the front page all the time yet aren't, and so they're frustrated because they're entitled to it. After all, they got positive reviews and should therefore outperform all the 200 000 other sellers in the same category all the time. Anything less in unacceptable. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, smashradio said:

Shadow banned is a term used by people who expect to be on the front page all the time yet aren't, and so they're frustrated because they're entitled to it. After all, they got positive reviews and should therefore outperform all the 200 000 other sellers in the same category all the time. Anything less in unacceptable. 

I have to contradict you,shadowban is real,your service is removed from search,it means you don't have the promoted gig and you are not found on any page. Nobody wants to be on the first page,I have 20 competitors for a service,and I don't appear.

This policy is pretty inconclusive on both sides. You missed the point.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, minasealex said:

@lacroix88 thank you for reply, but what is my problem please, can you tell

Your main keyword might be the problem in the title,you use landscape but i need to find you for house ,building etc. You need more keywords in title and description,i can only find you if i type landscape at moment.

• Like 12

On 6/25/2023 at 7:57 AM, smashradio said:

Lol 

• Like 9

16 hours ago, minasealex said:

@lacroix88  i have checked my compitetors keywords and i found all are the same as mine so i dont know the real issues here

If your competitor keyword is landscape only,then you cant do more than this. Please add/ extend ur skills to house,building,etc. ASAP.

Edited by lacroix88
missing
  • Like 10