Limit on orders in queue is not working

cafsies

Question

Hello! I am a New Seller, but I work with comics, therefore even one order is quite time and energy consuming. So about a month ago, I set an order limit on my gig, expecting the gig to disappear from search and stop people from being able to place orders. It worked for a couple of days, I could see that the impressions dropped to 0 a day. But then the feature lost its effect, it seems, and my gig started to get exposure once again, while still being in overbooked mode. I didn't really understand what happened, so additionally I wrote a line in the description, saying that I can't take on new orders at the time. But people, as it happens with all sellers, I believe, were overlooking the description and continued to reach out to me via messages, where I told them that I'm busy once again. 
This strategy was inconvenient, but more or less fine while I was trying to get out of my very busy schedule. Until yesterday, when a person placed an order without reaching out through messages, without reading the description, and without taking into account the sentence "Thank you for discussing all of the details with me in the messages" I wrote above the requirements text box. And all of that while the gig was in the overbooked mode (1 order max while I had 3 running orders from my repeat buyers), which I supposed, wasn't even possible. 
Has anyone encountered a similar problem with the limit feature? Am I missing something? 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 answers to this question

If I remember correctly, that feature only removes the gig from search, but buyers can still message you (and if they have the link to your gig, they can place orders, too).

If you want to prevent new orders while you're busy, it's best to make yourself unavailable.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, catwriter said:

If I remember correctly, that feature only removes the gig from search, but buyers can still message you (and if they have the link to your gig, they can place orders, too).

If you want to prevent new orders while you're busy, it's best to make yourself unavailable.

A follow-up question to this, I have read that there's a difference between unavailability and overbooked mode in ranking. While Im overbooked, it doesn't affect my ranking, but if I'm unavailable for a long time, I slowly start losing it. Had someone noticed this on their long-term gig exposure?

photo_2023-06-10_13-29-57.jpg

photo_2023-06-10_13-30-00.jpg

• Like 8

Hello 🙂  I have never used a order limit! It's great when you have a lot of orders 🙂 But if you need more time to complete the order, then I recommend that you simply change the delivery time to a longer one when you have many orders in the queue! This will not negatively affect your rating and will allow you to still receive orders 🙂

• Like 10

3 hours ago, cafsies said:

if I'm unavailable for a long time, I slowly start losing it. Had someone noticed this on their long-term gig exposure?

Some notice this effect. Others don't. But if you want to prevent buyers from contacting you or placing unwanted orders, it's either making yourself unavailable, or pausing your gig.

Or, if you're a member of the Seller Plus Premium program (which isn't free), you get the "request to order" feature. If you turn it on, buyers won't be able to place direct orders, you'll have to send them custom offers after they contact you and you discuss everything with them.

As @carrotymusic mentioned, there's also the option to set longer delivery times on your gigs. The delivery time can be up to 90 days, hopefully it will be enough.

• Like 11
  • Up 1