Seller Won’t Cancel

johanyagami

Question

Hello there! I paid $270 for a logo. I had received the first mock-up design to which I had said it was good thus far, while providing some critique, the seller then sent the original design and two more (which I did pay for 3 concepts and unlimited revisions) I realized there was an apparent barrier that wasn’t being crossed when the next two designs were completely unrelated to the first design that I said was “good thus far” 

I requested a cancellation of order because I looked through the reviews and seen several others having the same problems where the work that is shown in the portfolio isn’t up to par with what is being sent out to buyers, and the seller is actually a group of several designers, so you may potentially be working with someone who isn’t the designer of the concepts you liked on the portfolio.

Anyways, the seller refuses to cancel, even though I have made it clear that there is a language barrier based on some of their responses to me, and there is a barrier in regard to the ideology in the overall design process. 

The seller is refusing to cancel and is telling me either I have to let them continue making revisions to the order or just take it how it is, but the designer doesn’t match the skill level of the portfolio showed on the account and isn’t even following the mock-up design I drew and requested to have similar to.

Will customer support side favor on me and give me a refund? Or am I going to be down $270?

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, johanyagami said:

Hello there! I paid $270 for a logo. I had received the first mock-up design to which I had said it was good thus far, while providing some critique, the seller then sent the original design and two more (which I did pay for 3 concepts and unlimited revisions) I realized there was an apparent barrier that wasn’t being crossed when the next two designs were completely unrelated to the first design that I said was “good thus far” 

I requested a cancellation of order because I looked through the reviews and seen several others having the same problems where the work that is shown in the portfolio isn’t up to par with what is being sent out to buyers, and the seller is actually a group of several designers, so you may potentially be working with someone who isn’t the designer of the concepts you liked on the portfolio.

Anyways, the seller refuses to cancel, even though I have made it clear that there is a language barrier based on some of their responses to me, and there is a barrier in regard to the ideology in the overall design process. 

The seller is refusing to cancel and is telling me either I have to let them continue making revisions to the order or just take it how it is, but the designer doesn’t match the skill level of the portfolio showed on the account and isn’t even following the mock-up design I drew and requested to have similar to.

even if there are some language problems you could try to give the seller a chance and try to continue the creation of the logo.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, johanyagami said:

Will customer support side favor on me and give me a refund? Or am I going to be down $270?

Support will likely side with you if you can show them that you have been misled in terms of quality.

But I suggest trying to work this out with the seller.

Try to explain the situation in simple terms and explain to them that if you can't communicate and work this out, you'll have to take it up with support.

It's bad practice to go running to support every time there's a misunderstanding, and hopefully, you can solve this and get the logo you want. If not, you could bring this up with support. 

Also, remember that if you end up not getting a cancelation, you get the opportunity to review the seller publicly (star rating) and in a two-part private review in the days following the completion of your order. That private feedback can affect a seller's visibility on Fiverr significantly. 

Just remember: don't threaten to leave negative reviews. That's against the guidelines on Fiverr. But you can tell your side of the story, so at least that's something. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 13

12 hours ago, johanyagami said:

process. 

The seller is refusing to cancel and is telling me either I have to let them continue making revisions to the order or just take it how it is, but the designer doesn’t

Some sellers lie about their skill level. Sometimes what they post on their gig page is NOT their own actual work... I’ve learned the hard way running into these types (got tricked twice). If the quality is not up to standard, and seller is not complying with proper revision request instructions, then please contact customer support because you are being scammed by the inexperienced seller trying to make a quick buck from you. It happens sometimes, I suggest you try to vet better through your choices when hiring in the future, and please contact customer support as we cannot do anything to help you here. I wish you luck! 🙂

Edited by pinksamuraiii
  • Like 11

16 hours ago, johanyagami said:

just take it how it is,

I can understand the seller trying to offer you more revisions, that's nice and also fair. However, saying that you should take the order how it is.. that's bad customer service.

That being said, you did say that one of the things they delivered was up to par so.. it's hard to know if customer support will side with you and give a full refund when one of the things was ok. You can go to CS and tell them the situation. 

• Like 9