Upsell pipeline needs improvement

As a seller, I find myself spending an excessive amount of time explaining to my clients how they can add extras and upgrade their orders. The list containing these options is incredibly hidden within the sales pipeline. Seriously, there's just a "Show more Extras" link? I have never come across a sales pipeline where upsell items are concealed from the buyer's view. It's comparable to walking into a store with empty shelves and instead finding a note saying, "Please call the manager to see what you can buy." Clearly, this aspect was not well thought out.

When clients place an order, most of them are completely unaware that they can enhance their orders with extras (upsells). Consequently, I often have to manually explain to each client:

- That there is an availability of extras for their order.
- Which ones are necessary.
- How to add the extras to their order.

This situation is frustrating for both buyers and sellers.

Moreover, the inability to include images with upgrade options is highly disappointing. Additionally, the character count for optional item descriptions is severely limited. While this might suffice for smaller gigs, it is inadequate for large web projects. Consequently, I find myself repeatedly explaining each optional item, over and over again. Why?

I kindly request that you make upsell items visible, just as they are in any proper sales funnel on other platforms. If I can add a proper image and description then I dont have to re-explain optional items continuosly. 

It may be beneficial to send the Fiverr UI/UX team to a workshop that focuses on implementing best practices for sales funnels and emphasizes how UI/UX experience can either hinder or drive deal velocity and upsells.

Both buyers and sellers are wasting valuable time. Many upsells opportunities go unfullfilled, because order options are hidden from view or there is not enough space or attractive real estate in the UI to explain them properly. As a result, Fiverr and its sellers are losing revenues. It's a classic lose-lose situation.

Cheers!

• Like 4

On 6/3/2023 at 9:02 AM, whildebrand said:

As a seller, I find myself spending an excessive amount of time explaining to my clients how they can add extras and upgrade their orders. The list containing these options is incredibly hidden within the sales pipeline. Seriously, there's just a "Show more Extras" link? I have never come across a sales pipeline where upsell items are concealed from the buyer's view.

As a buyer, as soon as I place an order, the upsells are listed at the top of my order page in the form of buttons (like the tip button). It does encourage me to buy the extras after I place the order. During the order, I can see the gig extras while I'm placing it.

Moreover, the inability to include images with upgrade options is highly disappointing. Additionally, the character count for optional item descriptions is severely limited.

I would love to have this option as a seller. I agree that the character limit in the title and descriptions is very limited and it would be nice if the buyer had more information to help them in their purchasing decisions!

Many upsells opportunities go unfullfilled, because order options are hidden from view

When I had the Request to Order feature, I also noticed that buyers couldn't see any of my gig extras before placing an order. It would be nice if they could see all of these options (even if they have to reach out to me to place the order). It would prevent a lot of unnecessary conversations if all of the gig extras, revision fees, and rush charges could be displayed on the gig page somewhere. It would also increase transparency with our buyers.

• Like 4