I just started out on Fiverr as a VO and recently got my first order delivered!

jakehevy

Question

9 answers to this question

On 5/24/2023 at 2:42 AM, jakehevy said:

I got the order only 11 days after posting my gig and got a 5 star review. As a voice actor, Is this a good sign of more orders to come? I try to perfect my gigs in any way I can almost daily as well.

Good luck and deliver high-quality work and win more jobs opportunity. 

• Like 15

Hey Jake,

Congrats on getting your first happy customer. Based on your demos, I'd say you have great potential to build a voiceover business for yourself on and off Fiverr. It's important that you deliver quality work on time, of course. But what Fiverr really loves is "buyer satisfaction". Always make sure that your communication is friendly and professional, and clarify what your clients want when they order, and keep them informed during the process. Even if it seems obvious. 
You will learn a few things as you go and probably... no, definitely encounter a few difficult customers along the way, just take it in your stride. Don't be taken advantage of either. And when you feel ready, raise your prices. Don't hang around in the $5 arena once you have a few happy clients under your belt. 

That's my advice, but you don't have to take it. I wish you all the best!

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/25/2023 at 12:01 PM, leannelrivers said:

Hey Jake,

Congrats on getting your first happy customer. Based on your demos, I'd say you have great potential to build a voiceover business for yourself on and off Fiverr. It's important that you deliver quality work on time, of course. But what Fiverr really loves is "buyer satisfaction". Always make sure that your communication is friendly and professional, and clarify what your clients want when they order, and keep them informed during the process. Even if it seems obvious. 
You will learn a few things as you go and probably... no, definitely encounter a few difficult customers along the way, just take it in your stride. Don't be taken advantage of either. And when you feel ready, raise your prices. Don't hang around in the $5 arena once you have a few happy clients under your belt. 

That's my advice, but you don't have to take it. I wish you all the best!

Thank you so much, ill definitely do my best. Its great to hear feedback on my demos too since I don't really have anyone to critique them haha. So thanks for a bunch for the support!

• Like 10