UPLOADING THE GIG VIDEO WITHOUT LOSING AUDIO QUALITY!

mostafaamoush

I think there are likely other, better methods that I hope to learn from on this thread-  but in the past, I have separated my audio from my video- shrunk the video quality to accommodate my audio file- and re rendered with the lower quality video and higher quality audio and it wasn’t AS bad.

• Like 3

@smashradio has written on this issue quite a bit in the past. Fiverr compresses the files after you upload them to save bandwidth, and they kill your audio quality in the process. I don't believe anyone has found a way to have a lossless demo.  Shame.   

• Like 3

Fiverr has a 50mb limit for gig videos - I don't know if they compress what you upload further. If they don't, it's simple - the video itself can be of nearly zero size, if all you care about is the audio, and 50mb should be way more than enough for good audio quality for a 1 min clip. I can try to see if I can download one of my gig videos from Fiverr to see if they did anything to them after my upload, or if it's the same file I uploaded.

• Like 3

Just downloaded one of my gig videos (33 seconds) to compare with what I uploaded, and this is what it shows:

My upload was a 1920*1080, mpeg-4 AAC, h.264, 21.9 MB

The video after Fiverr processing is 1280*720, mpeg-4 AAC, h.264, 5.8 MB

The codecs are the same, both audio and video. The resolution is dropped from 1080p to 720p. 

However, that's not the full story. If all they were doing was dropping the resolution, a 21.9MB 1080p file should result in a 9,73MB 720p file (a 1080p file should be 2.25 times larger than a 720p file of the same quality). The audio would remain the same quality in both.

However, it's nearly half that, so they are compressing it quite heavily. How much of the compression affects the video vs the audio is hard to tell, but it probably affects both.

Given that the initial video is well under their file size limit of 50mb, they ain't doing it for file size reasons, they're just heavily compressing everything just because. 

I'd have to run some tests to see if my original file was 50mb instead of 21, if the end result would be 10-15 mb instead of 5. If that's indeed the case, my immediate advice would be to export the audio in the highest quality possible to be under 50MB and have the video take almost no space (since that's not important for you, just a still picture will compress to nearly nothing as a video, leaving more space for the audio), that way you'd end up with a higher bitrate if you started with a higher bitrate to being with. 

But there may also be the case that they just compress it to a flat rate anyway, regardless of what you start with, in which case it shouldn't make any big difference.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 3