A buyer asking me to edit a Pay Slip and he is saying its not an illegal to do

editorconvert

Question

Hello,

Can anyone help me to find a solution for this? As my title says a buyer sent a payslip and he want to do some changes to it. When I ask this is illegal to do, he says its not. 

I asked from help center and no reply yet. Buyer is waiting till I do the changes. So please advice what should I do.

Thanks

Edited by editorconvert
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

8 answers to this question

On 3/8/2023 at 9:31 PM, editorconvert said:

As my title says a buyer sent a payslip and he want to do some changes to it.

That's forgery. You don't have to wait for CS or the buyer to respond. Request the buyer to cancel the order; if he doesn't, you can request CS to cancel it and state that the buyer is asking you to forge a document.

Edited by rahulkajla1
  • Like 3
  • Up 3

30 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Forgery is illegal in every country of the world. I'm surprised there's any adult who doesn't know that.

Wasn't there a former seller that got banned because they edited a legal document? I think I remember correctly.

Totally agreeing with you here, what adult doesn't know this? Just because it's online doesn't mean it's not real.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Forgery is illegal in every country of the world.

I think I failed to explain context.

Aren't possible buyer reserves right over pay slip ? and want to do formatting or changes on their slips ?

example: suppose a university/shop invoices do need to changes frequently over their bills/payslips design...

that's why called it gray area, where we can't sure whether client have rights or not.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, catwriter said:

The OP didn't say changes to payslip design, but changes to payslip.

😅 difference ?

Some days ago, a person appear saying "reverse this program". I say "its illegal to do so".

He say "No, I have license from author and source code"... then it became legal way.

So may be, situation can be similar as well. Or may be not. Who knows ? or how we confirm.
Let me leave this on fiverr support, they are good judge. and can distinguish according to situation.

• Like 4

In the last few months, I have received several direct orders asking me to edit legal documents or financial statements. Normally we get a bit nervous when it comes to direct orders and doesn't want the order to be canceled and the order completion rate of my profile to drop. But I was confident and knew that if I was on the right track Fiver would appreciate it. So I was determined not to do the work and contacted support. Support canceled the order and has no effect on my rating. So, do not go outside the rules under any circumstances. If a buyer threatens, pleads, or wants to shoulder the responsibility, do not step outside the rules. Trust that Fiverr will be with you if you are right.

• Like 4