4 Revision are How many?

kbkhan

Question

1 minute ago, kbkhan said:

I also told him that I will make it till your design is well done.

Vague terms like this bring on bad stuff only.

OK, I want you to imagine this.

- You desperately NEED writing for a game you're working on (again, this scenario is fake, just...think about it.)

- You find ME - a highly-rated seller in my field. We decide on a short test order (which would be the same as a single logo/design.)

- I tell you that I offer revisions until we are both happy with the order (it's only 250 words, what could go wrong)

- You HATE the first version, so ask me to rewrite it. I do so. 

- You are OK with the second one but need tweaks. Fine. 

- One more time

(- and so on)

- In the end, I say, 'hey, these stories are looking a bit too different now; you'll have to start paying for them'. 

- You go 'wait, no', accept the order and leave a review of admitting that you are nitpicky, but the story just wasn't up to your expectations.

How do you think I would review you (if I want to be honest, that is?

Would I - as a top seller who has a great reputation go

'eh, they demand too much and are annoying. They suck.' 

OR

say

'we had some trouble setting our expectations. Unfortunately, it seems like we aren't the best fit for each other, but we tried out best to come up with something we both were alright with'

People will see you react to others, and buyers will believe other buyers first. They are the ones who pay, after all.

(now, should revisions be limited to what you offer? Yeah. But I think it's been like this forever.)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, tpack10 said:

It sounds like you have already put in a considerable amount of effort to accommodate your client's requests, and it's concerning that the project is still not complete after six revisions. Here are some steps you can take:

1. Review the project scope and requirements to ensure that you and the client are on the same page. Are the revisions within the original scope of work or are they adding additional work? If they are adding additional work, you may need to renegotiate the terms of the contract.

2. Communicate with the client and try to understand their perspective. Ask them what specifically they are still not satisfied with and if there is anything else you can do to help. It's possible that there is a miscommunication or misunderstanding that can be resolved through clear communication.

3. Set clear boundaries and expectations. Let the client know that there needs to be a limit on the number of revisions and that any additional revisions will require additional fees. You may also want to set a deadline for the project's completion.

4. Consider bringing in a third party, such as a mediator or project manager, to help facilitate communication and resolve any issues.

5. If all else fails, it may be necessary to terminate the contract and move on. While this may be a difficult decision, it's important to prioritize your own time and resources and not allow the project to drag on indefinitely.

@tp_marketing I really like what you said, you made a good post, you understood what happened to me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kbkhan said:

@tp_marketing I really like what you said, you made a good post, you understood what happened to me.

It's highly unlikely that @tp_marketingunderstood anything. They just typed a prompt into ChatGPT (maybe your entire post was the prompt) and then copied and pasted the response they got.

The response you feel understands you the best came from a machine, not from a human being.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2