New SCM is unresponsive. Is Seller Plus worth it?

law_kar

Question

Hi, I have a new SCM since my last SCM resigned last week. I was supposed to have a meeting in February but he pushed it back to April mentioning no available schedule, however I am eligible to at least 1 SCM meeting per month and I intend to utilize it fully. He also has not replied to my email since last week without any Out of Office information, so I assumed he is in office. Can I do something about this?

Also, with the Seller Plus subscription amount we pay every month, do you guys here think that Seller Plus is worth it? I am considering to stop subscribing to Seller Plus.

Edited by law_kar
  • Like 11

22 answers to this question

15 hours ago, law_kar said:

Hi, I have a new SCM since my last SCM resigned last week. I was supposed to have a meeting in February but he pushed it back to April mentioning no available schedule, however I am eligible to at least 1 SCM meeting per month and I intend to utilize it fully. He also has not replied to my email since last week without any Out of Office information, so I assumed he is in office. Can I do something about this?

Hi @law_kar, we might have had the same SCM because mine resigned last week as well and I was assigned a new SCM. I actually only met my previous SCM once (in the introductory call) and I only plan on meeting my current SCM once because I get so much more out of the emails (we can email our SCM's any time). I would email my SCM at least weekly (sometimes several times a week).

I would give your SCM some time to adjust during this transitionary period.

15 hours ago, law_kar said:

Also, with the Seller Plus subscription amount we pay every month, do you guys here think that Seller Plus is worth it? I am considering to stop subscribing to Seller Plus.

Even if I never met or emailed my SCM, I would still subscribe to the Seller Plus Premium plan because I get so much out of the program. I love the Seller Plus forum and Request to Order. I also like trying out all the new features in beta mode and giving feedback to the product managers. It's also nice to get paid as soon as my orders are accepted by my buyers (with a 1% fee).

It's up to you, though, every seller has different needs, so if it's not working for you, you can always opt out.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, law_kar said:

have a new SCM since my last SCM resigned last week. I was supposed to have a meeting in February but he pushed it back to April

I am sure your new SPM (seller Plus Manager) is overwhelmed if he just got the duties of your last SPM dropped in his lap. Was your February meeting scheduled with your former SPM or your new one? I would think that if your old SPM resigned their duties are being shared among the present SPMs until Fiverr can hire a replacement. 

I am eligible to at least 1 SCM meeting per month and I intend to utilize it fully.

In the last year, I have met with my SPM twice even though I could have zoom meetings with her more often, I have not found the need for it. Like @vickieitoO would rather email my SPM and I do so often. 

do you guys here think that Seller Plus is worth it?

The benefits of having Seller Plus are well worth the price. 

5 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Most of features I see already publicly available.

Nope, I disagree. If I found it to be true that most of the Seller Plus features are available publicly, I would not be a member of the program. 

• Like 5
  • Up 5

Same issue here.
I received again a new success manager. Yes, AGAIN, this is my third one.

The first one was ok, until the last 2 months before he resigned. In the last 2 months, he was not interested in me or his job. During zoom meetings, I could see that he was busy with other things instead of concentrating on the zoom call. During the last 2 months no response to emails. 

The second one just resigned. During our first meeting, she told me other things than my first success manager. So who is right?
2 weeks ago no response to my emails, until last week when she told me that her job with Fiverr was finished.

The third one barely responds to emails.
I asked 2 questions in separate emails. After a week, and after sending reminder emails to get a response, she answered one email and told me to contact customer support. Scheduling a meeting is possible (if you can wait 1 or 2 months). 

Contacting my success manager for an urgent issue is impossible.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

You pay around ~$400 for it every year. So, I don't think that "I am busy for March" thing is acceptable. 

If you are not satisfied with your manager, kindly ask them to forward your request to the Seller Plus Team Lead. 

You will be asked about the reasons, and provided with a new manager. 

I prefer to avoid confrontation, but I had a case, when I was ignored for around a month while having a critical question to be solved.

I was assigned to amazing Chiara (true Fiverr magician!), who recently left her position. Chiara (and Chris before that time) really helped to make a lot of positive changes to my profile. Every Zoom session was a source of useful information for me, and every time it resulted in more impressions and orders...

And I am not even mentioning their help in my relocation saga... 😁

One thing is important: SPMs are not magicians, but they can give you a lot of useful information and show things to change. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

21 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Chiara (and Chris before that time)

I had Chris too! I did love him as an SPM. However, I was fortunate to have him replaced by Stephanie; she is an excellent SPM too!  

@raisul_30 Using AI to write your Fiverr Forum responses is frowned upon. Please stop. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 8

Hi, all! Thank you very much for your response. And yeah, Chiara was my SPM and she helped me to grow tremendously. I was given a new one and aside from my meeting reschedule issue, he took 3 or more Business Days to reply to one email.

@vickiespencer my February meeting was with my previous SPM.

@vickiespencer @vickieito if you don't mind me asking how did you find any topic/what to ask at the email? I find my meeting with my previous SPM was quite informative and I can only know what to ask from there. Without the meeting, I would not know what to ask or what to email. 

Thank you for the information. I did not know of Seller Plus forum. Can you kindly share the link to the Seller Plus forum?

@filipdevaere I am sorry you have to go through that! With all the difficulties, are you still subscribing to the Seller Plus now?

I am afraid that we are in the same shoes with the SPM response rate. My previous SPM responded quite fast back then, around half or one Business Days. I will be concerned if my existing SPM cannot help me with my urgent issues due to his response rate.

Apologize for my messy typing here, it is my first post in the forum and I am still not familiar with the typing functions here😅

Edited by law_kar
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, law_kar said:

Can you kindly share the link to the Seller Plus forum?

You can find the Seller Plus forum on the list here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/

It's the first forum under the "Welcome" forum and there are 7 categories on that forum.

1 hour ago, law_kar said:

@vickiespencer @vickieito if you don't mind me asking how did you find any topic/what to ask at the email?

I just focus on the "next steps" of my business. If I need assistance with help desk tickets, I'll pass that on to my success manager, too. If I had good things to report, I would report them. If there were bad things that happened, I would just share that, too. For example, I shared  how a buyer ran away with my work and just told Chiara, "Oh well, lesson learned!" And she felt otherwise. She ran to Customer Support and fought to have me paid for the work, even though the order turned into a cancelation.

• Like 7

On 3/2/2023 at 4:11 AM, vickiespencer said:

Nope, I disagree. If I found it to be true that most of the Seller Plus features are available publicly, I would not be a member of the program.

Analytics = I can manually calculate. Click rate, conversion rate... General analytics are almost enough

Keywords research = there are plenty of free extensions for that

Buyers insights = I have private extension. It can expose budget range from seller reviews. (fiverr publicly expose its api, but not visible on app, see: https://www.fiverr.com/reviews/user_page/fetch_user_reviews/64163161?user_id=64163161&as_seller=true&sort_by=recent&limit=5000). (ask me if need to remove it for privacy reasons)

even before for buyer requests, I was having private extensions, it reveal buyer statistics.

Success Manager = Will you wait 2 weeks to get advices that you easily find on forum ?

Early payment = This is what needed, if I would use

Well I'm programmer. I can build programs myself.

But yeah for common person, seller plus is good "all in one pack". Choose if it helpful in raising income. 🙂

Edited by grayprogrammerz
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, law_kar said:

@vickiespencer @vickieito if you don't mind me asking how did you find any topic/what to ask at the email?

I contact my SPM as issues come up. I had a stalker buyer who was a nightmare, and Chris made it so the buyer could only contact me through a CS rep rather than directly. If sales are slow, I will ask my SPM how my secret buyer reviews look. Also, like @vickieitomy, SPM has helped me get paid for work when a buyer canceled an order. I also ask for my SPM's opinion on the wording of a new gig or if the wording on my old ones needs to be updated. She has found errors in my keyword and suggested better ones to use.  

• Like 6
  • Up 2

On 3/1/2023 at 10:54 AM, grayprogrammerz said:

Most of features I see already publicly available. Just they packaged bundles in easy to use.

If I would use, only because to get my funds earlier (in 1 week than 2 week).

2 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

But yeah for common person, seller plus is good "all in one pack". Choose if it helpful in raising income. 🙂

Then I like the ease of use and how it has helped me raise my income. Because of my SPM's advice and the insights I gained from being in the Seller Plus Program, I became a TRS and now charge five times what I did when I first subscribed to it. My business is where it is because of the combination of my SPM's advice and the Seller Plus Program.  

• Like 7
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Early payment = This is what needed, if I would use

I do like being able to access funds as soon as the order closes. I pay myself every month, so if multiple buyers accept my deliveries on the last day of the month, I can use the early payout feature to get paid as soon as the buyers hit the accept button. I don't have to wait the next day or week.

I think the Request to Order feature alone pays for the Seller Plus program. I like having control over which orders/buyers that I do business with. I also like using negative keywords to prevent my inbox from getting messages from certain types of buyers. Highlighted reviews are fun, it's nice to pick which reviews are highlighted on each gig, and I also love being able to chat with all the success managers on the Seller Plus forum. My previous success manager also connected me with managers in product development and other areas of management. It's nice to chat with them and give my feedback on Fiverr's programs.

28 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Because of my SPM's advice and the insights I gained from being in the Seller Plus Program, I became a TRS and now charge five times what I did when I first subscribed to it. My business is where it is because of the combination of my SPM's advice and the Seller Plus Program.  

Bravo, @vickiespencer! 👏🎉 I didn't know that!

• Like 6

Will you wait 2 weeks to get advices that you easily find on forum ?

You can send an email and they reply within a few hours, if not a day at most. Sure, for video calls you need to schedule that, but you can always get in touch via email.

even before for buyer requests, I was having private extensions, it reveal buyer statistics.

Rather questionable when it comes to Fiverr TOS, you know that some extensions can lead to problems...

Analytics = I can manually calculate. Click rate, conversion rate... General analytics are almost enough

Well unless you are very good with math, it's way easier to have it all shown in one place.

Then there's also the very important 7 day clearance instead of 14 days. So yeah, there are perks, there are pros and cons. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Then I like the ease of use and how it has helped me raise my income. Because of my SPM's advice and the insights I gained from being in the Seller Plus Program, I became a TRS and now charge five times what I did when I first subscribed to it. My business is where it is because of the combination of my SPM's advice and the Seller Plus Program.  

For me the experience was not exactly that great. I was never told what to improve, just to add new images and hire someone to do that. Well it's something I can figure out on my own. While I keep seller plus, it's because I am granfathered from that $19 price and I have faster clearance and other things. But the success manager thing for me was a fail and I never tried. I saw I was pushed to another manager, and I never interacted with them. I guess I should, maybe that person was not ideal for what I needed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, vickieito said:

My previous success manager also connected me with managers in product development and other areas of management. It's nice to chat with them and give my feedback on Fiverr's programs.

This happened to me when I was newer to the program. After they picked my brain, it stopped. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I saw I was pushed to another manager, and I never interacted with them. I guess I should, maybe that person was not ideal for what I needed.

I think you should, @donnovan86!

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

After they picked my brain, it stopped. 

Did your brain stop or did the picking stop? 😂

My brain is still full of suggestions (so that hasn't stopped) ....and I guess since my brain is still full, they aren't finished with me yet!

(P.S. ...how long did that take for you?)

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

I do like being able to access funds as soon as the order closes. I pay myself every month, so if multiple buyers accept my deliveries on the last day of the month, I can use the early payout feature to get paid as soon as the buyers hit the accept button. I don't have to wait the next day or week.

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Then there's also the very important 7 day clearance instead of 14 days. So yeah, there are perks, there are pros and cons. 

I'm bit confused. Instantly or 7 days ?

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

I think the Request to Order feature alone pays for the Seller Plus program. I like having control over which orders/buyers that I do business with. I also like using negative keywords to prevent my inbox from getting messages from certain types of buyers. Highlighted reviews are fun, it's nice to pick which reviews are highlighted on each gig, and I also love being able to chat with all the success managers on the Seller Plus forum. My previous success manager also connected me with managers in product development and other areas of management. It's nice to chat with them and give my feedback on Fiverr's programs.

This looks a bit funny to me. May be they added such bunch of features to satisfy human brain(that your investment is fulfilled). 😅

Because some features I believe, I'm good without them as well.

But may be you get more chat spam... more orders without requirements... Low quality reviews being highlighted...

In my case, I don't get spam (or rarely in 1 month, 1-2 times, even one click "mark as spam" button is enough). I never seen any person ordered instantly.

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

If sales are slow, I will ask my SPM how my secret buyer reviews look.

Excited to know what was their response ? Did they show private reviews or their rate ?

Between I really appreciate and enjoy your knowledge. 🥰

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grayprogrammerz said:

I'm bit confused. Instantly or 7 days ?

We are talking about 2 features here. 

Normally, you have to wait 14 days for any order's funds to clear. If you are a Seller Plus member, that's cut in half to 7 days, regardless of the tier that you opt for.

However, if you go for the $39 package you have access to Instant Withdrawals if you want. But this is for a fee, 1% of the total value. 

• Like 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Excited to know what was their response ? Did they show private reviews or their rate ?

For me (not @vickiespencer), I mentioned a certain buyer that I thought left negative private feedback and my success manager looked into and told me that he didn't leave a negative private review.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1