Automated message

Guest dmc_art

Question

Guest dmc_art

I opened my inbox and I saw this new feature of automated messaging so whenever a new potential client messages me, I can give a message even while I sleep.

All cool, but, where and how on earth I can edit that text or disable the automated messages?

10 answers to this question

7 hours ago, dmc_art said:

I opened my inbox and I saw this new feature of automated messaging so whenever a new potential client messages me, I can give a message even while I sleep.

All cool, but, where and how on earth I can edit that text or disable the automated messages?

yes it is cool feature, anyway you’ll still need to reply to the buyer to maintain your response rate.

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, venonusa said:

yes it is cool feature, anyway you’ll still need to reply to the buyer to maintain your response rate.

Which makes it useless. Because a lot of buyers, whenever they see a message from you, they will think you're online and start bombarding you with messages. Not everyone, sure, but many won't know it's an automated message. And the fact that you still have to reply to maintain the response rate.. I just don't see the usefulness for most people. Sure, it will be great for some people that have a very specific set of guidelines when ordering, and they can share that with a potential customer before they initiate an order. Otherwise.. you just reply when you're back.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1
  • Up 5

Guest dmc_art

Yup, disabled it, because yes - not much of a use. If I could set up a time of the day/night when this would be on, maybe it would serve a purpose.

10 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Which makes it useless. Because a lot of buyers, whenever they see a message from you, they will think you're online and start bombarding you with messages. Not everyone, sure, but many won't know it's an automated message. And the fact that you still have to reply to maintain the response rate.. I just don't see the usefulness for most people. Sure, it will be great for some people that have a very specific set of guidelines when ordering, and they can share that with a potential customer before they initiate an order. Otherwise.. you just reply when you're back.

Yep, correct, Indeed for our services this Automated message is not good, we have disabled it.

• Like 10

On 2/23/2023 at 1:11 AM, donnovan86 said:

I did find some use to it, as having it On could engage the clients and give them realistic expectations on when exactly we could chat about their request, however, I think this is in the early stages still because there are no available automations (as you can find in other services) when you’re not available and want to use a different response, like if it’s your late night time and want to let them know that, or if you’re unavailable for other recurrent reason (like specific days off for personal reasons). I think it could have potential if you could set routines within the feature, not only a 1-type/time response that could led to more confusion than useful information.

• Like 5

On 2/23/2023 at 7:11 AM, donnovan86 said:

Which makes it useless. Because a lot of buyers, whenever they see a message from you, they will think you're online and start bombarding you with messages.

Sorry @donnovan86if I laugh at your comment. Bombarding. That's the right word.

Personally I have never used automated message. I saw in this forum 2 years ago when I wasn't more active yet here that it is not a very big issue if you reply 6 or 7h after. Buyer understand and know that you are not always online and reply to all message instantly. And I really conviced about that. 

Secondly, seller will miss some of buyer message for this.

• Like 5