how we can improve ourselves

Yoav.M

Hi everyone, as a Fiverr team representative who want to know how we can improve ourselves and offer new educational tools that will benefit you more with our platform, may I please ask if you are a member of our competing platforms and would be willing to share on educational assets you receive from them (webinars / courses / e-learnings / etc.)? 

• Like 52
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, editors_picks said:

Hi everyone, as a Fiverr team representative who want to know how we can improve ourselves and offer new educational tools that will benefit you more with our platform, may I please ask if you are a member of our competing platforms and would be willing to share on educational assets you receive from them (webinars / courses / e-learnings / etc.)? 

Hello, no I am not a member of any competing platforms and have not received any educational assets from them. All the education I've gotten has been self researched and through first hand experience. Happy to share that with the Fiverr team. 

• Like 37

2 hours ago, editors_picks said:

as a Fiverr team representative

I'm curious, if you are a Fiverr staff member, why doesn't your forum account feature the Fiverr staff/moderator badge -- that the other Fiverr staff who interact on the forums have? 

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 37
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

I am going to be honest, I am just passing through. Love the guide @mabelma .

I am not exactly sure what you are asking the guy about. It sounds like you are wanting to know if he is using this material elsewhere, and if you guys can use it. As something that would be potentially profitable, I would hope you find better phrasing and be more clear in terms and conditions. Just a friendly observation from a passerby. 

• Like 35
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, jonbaas said:

I'm curious, if you are a Fiverr staff member, why doesn't your forum account feature the Fiverr staff/moderator badge -- that the other Fiverr staff who interact on the forums have? 

Good question, @jonbaas!

@editors_picks - Yoav, you might want to get the 'Fiverr staff' label added to your forum & Fiverr profiles so that sellers know who you are and to give yourself credibility.

It would also be good to introduce yourself as Fiverr's Education & Engagement Manager, which gives context to your request.

• Like 36
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

This is a legit account, calm down. Yoav has never participated on the forum before, and people jumping on him won't help! 🙂

I am sure he will speak to the admin team to get the badge, in the meantime, this is a good place to share your insights people! 

• Like 31
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, frank_d said:

This is a legit account, calm down. Yoav has never participated on the forum before, and people jumping on him won't help! 🙂

I am sure he will speak to the admin team to get the badge, 

Thanks, @frank_d & thanks for everyone's patience!

Yoav is already in conversations with the admin team trying to see what can be done. @editors_picks is a shared, team account that even Lior has operated out of (based on the reviews that I read on the account). Yoav might need to get an individual "yoav_marcus" account. We'll see!

3 hours ago, frank_d said:

this is a good place to share your insights people! 

Agreed! The purpose of this thread was to solicit feedback from sellers that are using other freelancing platforms and to see if there were educational features being offered on those platforms that sellers were finding beneficial. Yoav also wanted to see how those educational assets compared with what Fiverr provides its sellers in terms of webinars, Help Center articles, community resources, forum, courses, and events.

The title "how can we improve ourselves" is referring to Fiverr itself, and how it, as a platform, can help provide better educational resources for its community of sellers.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 21
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, vibronx said:

My idea is to stop offering webinars on AI.

Like @mabelmaI have also not learned using other freelancing platforms. I have learned other places, though, but I would have to know what pay you would be offering for sharing?

I’m sorry but are you asking for compensation to share feedback with Fiverr staff on what they can do to create new learning tools for you and improve/elevate the marketplace?

• Like 21

I'm really thrilled to see more of the Fiverr staff popping up in the forums (both the main forum and Seller Plus forum). This shows that Fiverr cares about sellers' experiences on the platform and are actively working on features and tools to help its sellers succeed.

If you want your voice heard, speak up now, because Fiverr is listening. 😊

Feel free to also tag staff and loop them into conversations that you want to engage them in, because these conversations can be shared with other Fiverr team members who are not active on the forum.

Yoav is working a lot on initiatives to help new sellers get the support and resources they need to succeed on the platform. I already made him aware of new sellers' concerns about the removal of Buyer Requests and the new Brief & Match feature.

• Like 23
  • Up 6

13 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I'm really thrilled to see more of the Fiverr staff popping up in the forums (both the main forum and Seller Plus forum). This shows that Fiverr cares about sellers' experiences on the platform and are actively working on features and tools to help its sellers succeed.

Feel free to also tag staff and loop them into conversations that you want to engage them in, because these conversations can be shared with other Fiverr team members who are not active on the forum.

Yoav is working a lot on initiatives to help new sellers get the support and resources they need to succeed on the platform. I already made him aware of new sellers' concerns about the removal of Buyer Requests and the new Brief & Match feature.

Hey @vickieito

Are you in the private slack channel?

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I’m sorry but are you asking for compensation to share feedback with Fiverr staff on what they can do to create new learning tools for you and improve/elevate the marketplace?

My fingers are very delicate, so I require $10,000 in compensation for typing messages longer than three lines. Nah, I'm just joking around a bit in this case. Of course, we shouldn't be compensated for sharing our opinion on this forum, but I do believe Fiverr should perhaps compensate community leaders, especially those who host webinars, create educational content, etc., which take time to prepare. Maybe they already do. I was once approached about being a community leader and doing a webinar, and there was no discussion about pay at that time.

As for my ideas on this topic, I am willing to share that perhaps some official Fiverr videos explaining the TOS and the Community Standards could be helpful as I think the people who don't understand them would have an easier time understanding them in video format.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 21
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Hey @vickieito

Are you in the private slack channel?

No - Yoav reached out to me on the main platform, so we have been chatting there. I think it's best to have conversations here on the forum since it isn't directly related to orders. I've also never used Slack, so I don't know much about it.

• Like 23

Just now, vickieito said:

No - Yoav reached out to me on the main platform, so we have been chatting there. I think it's best to have conversations here on the forum since it isn't directly related to orders. I've also never used Slack, so I don't know much about it.

Ah I see, too bad. 🙂

• Like 21

27 minutes ago, frank_d said:

So you declined, or?

Yes, I did. That's why I don't know the specifics, as I was very unsure about it after the first call, so we didn't get very far. I did consider it seriously, though. Ultimately, it wasn't because of the lack of pay at the time that I turned it down.. well... I guess being offered something would have helped. I just realized that if I started preparing something, it would take me weeks because if they wanted me to do an educational webinar (they weren't really too clear on that), I would basically be presenting an abridged version of my business degree adapted to a Fiverr context. It was just too much work to wrap my head around.

Now, though, I wouldn't consider saying yes to something like that without the possibility of being compensated, but I know that this is something that differs from individual to individual. Some would be fine doing it for free, but I wouldn't.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 22
  • Up 4

11 minutes ago, vibronx said:

Now, though, I wouldn't consider saying yes to something like that without the possibility of being compensated, but I know that this is something that differs from individual to individual. Some would be fine doing it for free, but I wouldn't.

Sure that’s understandable.

Giving back to the community isn’t for everyone.

• Like 19
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, terrygrantvo said:

Wait - are the people who create & host webinars and other educational events not compensated?

I can’t speak for others.

But I have hosted several webinars, and was only offered compensation once. (Which I didn’t take out of principle)

If only the hours I have poured in this community were billable, I would have retired by now. 😛

• Like 23
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

I doubt Fiverr will ever listen, but just to please you I'll speak up and ask for what has been requested ad nauseam: Please, get rid of gig multiples! 

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 9

17 hours ago, frank_d said:

I didn't intend to come across this way. I was merely asking a curious question. I apologize if my original inquiry caused concern.

• Like 20
  • Congrats! 2