top seller

rickymazzamauro

Question

17 answers to this question

15 hours ago, rickymazzamauro said:

hello guys, not that it's a big problem for me but I've been here on fiverr since the summer of 2020, and now I've almost tripled the amount needed to become a top seller, but no one has ever shown up here to change my status, do i have something wrong with me?

Top Rated Seller selection is a manual system. You can find more information from here

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560118#h_01F4RXG21MDD3CD8J22CHBBZNE

• Like 13

2 hours ago, zeus777 said:

I don't think there's anything wrong

@zeus777 is right - Some sellers are never given the TRS badge, even if they have exceeded the minimum requirements for TRS for many years. The good news is, you don't need to be a top-rated seller to make good money. There are many amazing Level 2 sellers on the platform.

I'm wondering if this will change since Fiverr is now offering a "fast-track to TRS" via the Seller Plus Premium plan.

• Like 14

35 minutes ago, vickieito said:

fast-track to TRS

This is just marketing to get more to be on the plan from what I've heard on the grapevine. By definition you're going to get a preference / fast track, because only certain sellers (great ones) get on the plus plan in the first place, and SMs want their people to get promoted, so whilst the review regularity is likely higher the chances are only increased because the seller is already great, not because of plan. I know a resume/linkedin writer that started this year that refuses to pay for anything (as much as I insist they should lol) and they made TRS 7 months in and then paused everything to go do other stuff. I guess because it came easy for them they didn't relish / appreciate it as much as the rest of us! I think he's been a bit sort sighted!

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 12

@williambryan392 - I know you've mentioned "The Pyramid" as a factor on whether a seller becomes TRS or not. The article below is 5 months old...do you still feel this comes into play in determining a seller's TRS status?

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282557-🤩popular-top-rated-sellers-what-are-your-thoughts-on-these-comments-about-becoming-trs/?do=findComment&comment=1784338

• Like 9

1 minute ago, vickieito said:

The article below is 5 months old...do you still feel this comes into play in determining a seller's TRS status?

oh absolutely, they are all still factors, it's still a very relevant and helpful post / topic! To caveat though, 'the pyramid' is quite variable as there are sellers that sell over multiple categories and I don't know how a shortage of TRS in one category and an over supply in another plays off against each other. I still think the overrarching rule of thumb is keep over delivering, make your buyers super happy and it will come. The funny thing is as soon as I stopped caring about it is when it happened for me. Like literally that month I was like 'screw it, I don't care' and boom it happened.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

oh absolutely, they are all still factors, it's still a very relevant and helpful post / topic! To caveat though, 'the pyramid' is quite variable as there are sellers that sell over multiple categories and I don't know how a shortage of TRS in one category and an over supply in another plays off against each other. I still think the overrarching rule of thumb is keep over delivering, make your buyers super happy and it will come. The funny thing is as soon as I stopped caring about it is when it happened for me. Like literally that month I was like 'screw it, I don't care' and boom it happened.

That's your answer right here, @rickymazzamauro!

• Like 11

5 hours ago, nanoparticles said:

Same here, I am eligible almost 3 years and never got Top Rated level, though, I am far better that many Top Rated sellers here but probably smt is missing from my side. 

I thought you said in a previous post that you were going to upgrade your profile and gig images. 🤔

• Like 5

On 11/26/2022 at 10:34 PM, nanoparticles said:

However, you think all of my Gig images suck?

I took the time to give you excellent guidance concerning improvements you could make to improve your profile and gig images so they would be more TRS-worthy. I did not say they suck, but I do see they are not TRS-worthy compared to the images I shared with you as recommendations to consider for improving. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I took the time to give you excellent guidance concerning improvements you could make to improve your profile and gig images so they would be more TRS-worthy. I did not say they suck, but I do see they are not TRS-worthy compared to the images I shared with you as recommendations to consider for improving. 

Really appreciate. The fallen will rise again!

• Like 2