Fiverr wanting to much personal information

travisjens

I have had my selling account suspended because I haven't verified my identity. I think it is over the top that they need your drivers license or passport. Especially in an age when hackers are obtaining so much personal information through hacks of major corporations. Fiverr already has my bank details, I am not going to give them a drivers license specifically when it says on the back of my license, "use of this licence for identification purposes, other than policing road traffic laws, in not intended or authorised". So that counts out my license and certainly not giving out passport details. Another example of to much information being collected. We have just had to major breaches of private information in Australia through major corporations. Information that they h ad stored and never deleted after the required time. There is no need for fiverr to have my drivers license or passport. They hadn't needed it for the past 10 years. 

Edited by travisjens
  • Like 13

I mean, nothing is private anymore in this world, everyone is beeing watched, if owners want to know at which moment we go toilets they can, phone, facebook, youtube, instagram, fiverr or whatever they already own everything about us 🤷‍♂️

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 8

On 11/21/2022 at 5:21 PM, travisjens said:

They hadn't needed it for the past 10 years. 

I was asked for identification the first week I became a seller.

As a service provider on the platform, it makes sense for them to know your identity and to be sure that you are the person who is paid. 

If you find it inconvenient to do so, then leave.

• Like 5
  • Up 3

On 11/21/2022 at 4:21 AM, travisjens said:

They hadn't needed it for the past 10 years. 

I've actually been here for 10+ years (It says you joined in 2021), and submitted my ID years ago now. It really makes sense to identify yourself legally to a platform responsible for paying you, I think. Also, if it helps cut down on the number of scammers around here, I'm all for it.

• Like 10
  • Up 1