Order Cancellations and Repurcussions

lisadianern1

I have been seeing the notification pop up where if an order gets cancelled, as long as there is a new order placed within two weeks, with the same buyer, it will not negatively affect your account.  However, I recently had a buyer who placed the same order twice by accident.  He ended up cancelling both of them.  I then sent him a new offer .  In other words, we cancelled the first two, but only placed an order for one (which was the original plan). 

Does anyone here know if this is going to negatively affect my account?  Since there were TWO orders placed, and both got cancelled, and then only one order was placed again after this? Thanks for your feedback.  I'm very concerned about this... there was nothing I could do about it.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

Hi @lisadianern1,

2 hours ago, lisadianern1 said:

Does anyone here know if this is going to negatively affect my account?  Since there were TWO orders placed, and both got cancelled, and then only one order was placed again after this?

Yes, it will negatively affect your account unless the buyer places one more order from you within two weeks.

Ideally, the buyer should have just canceled one of the orders but buyers make mistakes like this all the time. I had a buyer that accepted my new custom offer before canceling the order - we agreed that the buyer would cancel the order while I was creating a new order. Instead the buyer waited for the custom offer, accepted it, then canceled the current order. Customer Support was able to adjust my order completion rate so that cancelation didn't hurt my seller statistics.

Reach out to Customer Support. They might be able to do the same for you, since they can see that it was the buyer's error in canceling both orders. 

If that happens again in the future, just offer two smaller orders to cover both cancelations (e.g., Two $10 orders instead of one $20 order).

• Like 12

Yes! contact Support, They will fix it for you.

Additionally, when you contacted CS and they fixed it for you, go double-check to make sure your statistics are accurate.
There were a few times when CS assured me that it would not affect my ranks, yet it did!
I don't know, they might be busy at times, but I started to have doubts about the algorithm, which is above the powers of even CS!

• Like 6
  • Up 1

A buyer once placed two identical orders for the same gig by mistake, when only one was needed. I was afraid that cancelling one of the two would affect my rates, but the client contacted CS when I prompted him to and they removed the second order leaving my profile untouched. The only way to have a safe cancel when the buyer makes similar mistakes is through CS, otherwise it will definitely affect your rates I suppose.

• Like 6