Where did my money go?

fadiahamed

Me and my friend run our fiverr account and we've been using PayPal for some time and have decided to try out Payoneer. My friend created a Payoneer account and i thought he linked it with fiverr. On the other hand I've been thinking of creating another Payoneer account and linking it with fiverr. To try out my idea i opened up fiverr and in the end accidently i initiated withdrawal to payoneer. I was like oh well might me to my friends account. But when I asked him about it he says no he's not linked his Payoneer with fiverr and worst case his Payoneer account has been blocked. Btw I came to this conclusion since the fiverr account and his Payoneer account was created on the same Gmail! 

So what will happen? Will my money go? And since currently it's gone from fiverr where is it? 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, fadiahamed said:

Me and my friend run our fiverr account and we've been using PayPal for some time and have decided to try out Payoneer. My friend created a Payoneer account and i thought he linked it with fiverr. On the other hand I've been thinking of creating another Payoneer account and linking it with fiverr. To try out my idea i opened up fiverr and in the end accidently i initiated withdrawal to payoneer. I was like oh well might me to my friends account. But when I asked him about it he says no he's not linked his Payoneer with fiverr and worst case his Payoneer account has been blocked. Btw I came to this conclusion since the fiverr account and his Payoneer account was created on the same Gmail! 

So what will happen? Will my money go? And since currently it's gone from fiverr where is it? 

My guess is your friend got the money. Why are you sharing your account anyway?

• Like 9

We're like partners. We work together, we split the profits too. The thing is his Payoneer accounts blocked. I completely trust him. You don't have to worry about him! I'm wondering since his payoneers blocked where will the money be going? And even if it's still going to his payoneer account will he be able to unblock his account and access our funds?

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, fadiahamed said:

You don't have to worry about him! I'm wondering since his payoneers blocked where will the money be going? And even if it's still going to his payoneer account will he be able to unblock his account and access our funds?

Blah Blah Blah. 

If there is a problem with Payoneer, it will not link to Fiverr at all. The money you have earned has already left Fiverr and gone to Payoneer, so your problem should be with them. What are you complaining here for?

Payoneer's customer service is separate from Fiverr and should be contacted directly if there are problems. The money was sent to Payoneer, so the issue lies with them and not Fiverr. Please contact them with any questions or concerns you may have.

I still think your friend got it. :classic_ninja:

Once you've transferred payment from Fiverr to Payoneer, it's your own responsibility to sort things out with him or Payoneer. The moment the funds left Fiverr, it's not a problem with Fiverr anymore unless it's rejected, in which case you'll need Payoneer's details. Again, if there is a problem with Payoneer, it will not be linked to Fiverr at the beginning.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

@fadiahamed - Your friend can contact Payoneer via their Live Chat here:

https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

I found them to be really helpful when I have issues. I agree with @strategist_ceo that your funds are probably in your friend's Payoneer account. As long as it's linked to Fiverr, the funds will transfer there, even if your friend is blocked from his account. If your friend is blocked, it's usually because something has to be verified on the Payoneer account. So your friend will need to contact Payoneer to find out what that is.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

I get what you guys are saying. I'm not here complaining. I'm in a state of denial and is looking for answers. My friend, he's not linked his payoneer account with fiverr. That's what I don't get. How can the funds go from fiverr to payoneer without linking it with Payoneer in the first place. And don't worry my friend isn't lying. I can check the linked accounts on fiverr

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, fadiahamed said:

My friend, he's not linked his payoneer account with fiverr. That's what I don't get. How can the funds go from fiverr to payoneer without linking it with Payoneer in the first place. And don't worry my friend isn't lying. I can check the linked accounts on fiverr

If your friend's account isn't linked to Fiverr, you'll need to find out which account is (because that's where the money is). I would do that before contacting Payoneer.

• Like 5

I'm not an expert at this but my initial thought is that it's impossible to withdraw funds to an account (whether it be PayPal or Payoneer) without an account being linked 🤔 I mean, Fiverr is essentially a system linked to another system providing a withdrawal infrastructure. If you withdraw and the money has no destination, I highly doubt it will leave your account! 

I believe we cannot make statements about 'your friend has it without telling you', you know him better than all of us 😊

However, maybe he accidentally did link it? For me, it often takes a day or two to receive a confirmation from Payoneer that it received the funds. Check your Fiverr account to see what is linked. You can also contact Payoneer about the blocked account and hopefully they can help you access it again, so you can check there if Fiverr is linked. 

Edited by sabinespoems
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, fadiahamed said:

On the other hand I've been thinking of creating another Payoneer account and linking it with fiverr.

Keep in mind that one Fiverr account can only be linked to one Payoneer account.

As for where your money went... Have you checked PayPal, just in case?

• Like 5
  • Up 1

21 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

Apparently both he and his friend is using the same account.

The same Fiverr account, right? It seems like the OP doesn't know which payment account is linked to the Fiverr account. It could be a PayPal account like @catwriter mentioned or to the blocked Payoneer account.

• Like 6