My view on the new levels and ratings (which no one asked for but thought I'd share anyway)

On 2/21/2024 at 8:31 PM, tatjanamitevska said:

this person presented itself as Eva with a profile picture of MISS INDIA 2019😂. Maybe miss india was fixing bugs on shopify websites, ma

She's actually breaking ToS, from what I've seen she has multiple accounts... 😉 😆

Jokes aside, this would be a great use of AI to weed these out. Same with people that have directly copied my gigs, and even my bio. 

On 2/21/2024 at 7:58 PM, newsmike said:

Very eloquently stated, and really on point analysis.

Thanks @newsmike, I think you're a tough judge (in a good way) so I appreciate that.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:58 PM, newsmike said:

"I shouldn't have to tell you what's wrong, you should just know."

I get the feeling, but I also think this is why they have to charge 20% on tips. People would game it otherwise. This is (in part) why we can't have nice things.

I also agree with the need to fix the things on the backlog!

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I get the feeling, but I also think this is why they have to charge 20% on tips. People would game it otherwise. This is (in part) why we can't have nice things.

Not sure what you are referring to. I have always supported 20% on tips (actually, the concept of tipping makes no sense in the freelance world), for the very reason of abuse, via the "do the job for $5 and I'll tip you $3200" scam.  I was referring to the fact that they tell you there is a problem, but SM can't give you specifics.   

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 12
  • Up 2

I appreciate that fiverr improved transparency by showing hidden metrics/feedback

But If I'm correct, now it includes whole career as well within score ?

If so, what will happen to guys having thousands of reviews ? and several years of seniority ?

and how will they correct their mistakes done years ago ?

• Like 11