cancel incomplete order

mavaisashraf

Question

I have 3 incomplete status orders
and buyers are not responding, I want to know what the policy is in this situation should I wait for their response because the order time is not started yet?
Or cancel these orders?
In the case of canceling these orders does this affect my compilation rate and other metrics?
do incomplete order cancellations also affect matrices even buyer is not responding for more than a month?

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mavaisashraf said:

and buyers are not responding, I want to know what the policy is in this situation should I wait for their response because the order time is not started yet?
Or cancel these orders?
In the case of canceling these orders does this affect my compilation rate and other metrics?
do incomplete order cancellations also affect matrices even buyer is not responding for more than a month?

Hi @mavaisashraf,

It doesn't hurt your seller statistics if an order is canceled before the order requirements are submitted, so if you really wanted to, you could cancel these orders.

However, since the buyers already paid for their orders, it doesn't hurt to just keep those orders where they are at. I think Fiverr also periodically cleans some of these orders for you if they've been hanging around for several years. 

I have an order that has been in the "incomplete status" stage for about 6 months, with no buyer response since July. The price of my premium package has increased by $70, and I'm doing another price increase, so I might cancel the order based on these price changes. However, I'm still okay with the price of this one order and will probably keep it open since the buyer admitted to being really busy (but still interested) in her last message.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

It doesn't hurt your seller statistics if an order is canceled before the order requirements are submitted, so if you really wanted to, you could cancel these orders.

If I remember correctly, you can cancel the order if it's been like this for 10 days, and the requirements are not shared. I have 27 of those, some from 2020 (older ones were canceled by Fiverr a few months ago during their "purge". As long as the order is a week and a half, 2 weeks old and it's still incomplete, you can safely cancel. Or you can go to customer support just to be safe.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

If I remember correctly, you can cancel the order if it's been like this for 10 days, and the requirements are not shared. I have 27 of those, some from 2020 (older ones were canceled by Fiverr a few months ago during their "purge". As long as the order is a week and a half, 2 weeks old and it's still incomplete, you can safely cancel. Or you can go to customer support just to be safe.

I also had several orders canceled immediately (without the order requirements) and they didn't affect my seller stats.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, reezvi_kkk said:

8 hours ago, mavaisashraf said:

Or cancel these orders?

Don't Worry. You can send extend delivery time request. Besides, talk to fiverr support. 

And know more details at: 1/ https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service
2/ https://www.fiverr.com/privacy-policy

• Like 6

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

I also had several orders canceled immediately (without the order requirements) and they didn't affect my seller stats.

Maybe it changed. I am still quite reserved to cancel 27 incomplete orders. For some reason Fiverr's algorithm decided to push be way back in search so I barely have orders now, which means canceling so many orders is a death sentence for my account for a few months if any or all of them are affecting my account.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, mavaisashraf said:

should I wait for their response because the order time is not started yet?
Or cancel these orders?

Perception, a marketing tool.

"3 Orders in Queue"

I recommend that you keep those three orders unless you are taking a break from Fiverr and unable to respond to them. Being in demand and seeming active play into a psychological factor that potential buyers are more likely to trust you over sellers who aren't getting orders.

The buyers have already paid, so they are likely to return.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

I think that's just the nature of the gig rotation; you're an established seller, and I'm sure it will come back to you soon.

Yeah, I get it and understand it. It still sucks though, I will say that. Then again, I worked very hard for the past few months so it might be Fiverr saying "slow down a little".

• Like 4

8 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

It still sucks though

I know how you feel. I've been through the same thing myself. I had my best months (at that time) with more order than ever, but I still got "rotated out" of the algorithm for 60–65 days.

Fortunately, I recovered and came back stronger than before. I still know that the rotation will come, though.

I'm sure you will too.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I'm sure you will too.

Well to be honest for me it comes once a year, close to the holidays. It happened 3 times in a row now, so it doesn't feel random, it feels like a pattern. It might also be related to the fact that for some reason in August-September I tend to get these nutjob clients that always want way way more than they pay and I can only assume they messed some stuff up with private reviews. Feels like that. Anyway, it is what it is.

• Like 5

On 10/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, vickieito said:

It does look like policy changed in July:

it sounds good if incomplete status order does not effect seller status, although I am unable to find this in their cancelation policy page. 

I have decided to continue those orders.

• Like 7