what should be the minimum rate for brief?

sunysuny998

Question

7 answers to this question

The minimum is $5. However, that also means you will receive the cheapest possible briefs and many of them will not fit. It got so bad for me that I stopped briefs completely because everything I received was either not suitable for me or downright insulting when it came to what they offered for the amount of work required....

• Like 11
  • Up 5

1 hour ago, sunysuny998 said:

is there any obligation for set a minimum rate for brief?

No. But in my opinion, it's better first set it for $5. Then gradually increase it when you get too much brief than your needed. Though I am new in fiverr, I also look forward to expert answers.

• Like 11
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

However, that also means you will receive the cheapest possible briefs and many of them will not fit.

I set mine at $75, and I still get some that want the world on a platter for that amount. However, I mostly have received briefs that say their pricing is flexible.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

I got zero briefs when I set the minimum price at $50. Now I get 10/day with it set to $200. I think your gig prices are weighed more heavily than this minimum "Get brief" price. Especially for those "flexible" briefs that @vickiespencer mentioned.

I'm confused here. So, you're saying that if I have low gig prices and I set a minimum rate to a higher figure than my gig packages, the AI would ignore the minimum price that I set and match buyers based on my gig packages instead. Is that what you mean? Thanks in advance.

• Like 9

On 10/13/2022 at 6:15 PM, kerrimax said:

I'm confused here. So, you're saying that if I have low gig prices and I set a minimum rate to a higher figure than my gig packages, the AI would ignore the minimum price that I set and match buyers based on my gig packages instead. Is that what you mean? Thanks in advance.

Yes, I don't know how much the "Get brief" price is looked at because I have 7 different gigs with very different prices. The only brief that I get that are at my $200 prices are the ones  that match my resume gig which happens to have packages around that range. The rest of the briefs seem to be at lower prices than the "Get brief" price, but they are closer to the prices of my packages for those types of services.

I think it's silly to have one "Get brief" price to cover all my gigs because their pricing are so different from each other. However, it looks like this isn't an issue because the AI looks at the services that the buyer wants and matches it to the gig prices that you have for that service. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1