My clients says Is unable to leave me a feedback!!

yossefhassan835

Question

Hi amazing people! 
I have this client that seems like he have a lot of reviews as a buyer and after the order finished I contacted him asking for a feedback and he said fiverr won't let me do it 

I contacted fiverr support they said everything is good on the order the buyer can leave a review, 

And then the client asked me if I can send him a link so he can tip me and leave me a feedback, So what should I do?! 

7 answers to this question

Just send them links to guide them: 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049982453-How-do-I-tip-my-seller?segment=buyer

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049982353-How-do-I-add-feedback-to-an-order?segment=buyer

Beyond that, you CANNOT ask for reviews or tips. You cannot ask for an honest review, even, let alone a good review. Just the word "review" can have your message flagged, and you can get warned that you are trying to participate in review manipulation. Just don't do it, don't talk to buyers about reviews at all. Fiverr already sends them multiple prompts, and makes it very easy to leave a review.

The buyer is lying to you by saying they can't leave one. They just don't want to. It would be best to just not engage at all.

35 minutes ago, joyh97 said:

Beyond that, you CANNOT ask for reviews or tips. You cannot ask for an honest review, even, let alone a good review. Just the word "review" can have your message flagged, and you can get warned that you are trying to participate in review manipulation.

This is false information!

You can ask for a review, but NOT for a specific review. Either positive or negative. This is what triggers a warning and is viewed as manipulating the system.

To illustrate this further: you can say, “please leave a review” but you can't say “leave a 5-star review” or “a perfect review” etc.

And this is non-negotiable. I am part of the seller plus program and I have been specifically instructed to do so by my success manager, a Fiverr staff member. 

1 hour ago, sunboatrecords said:

You can ask for a review, but NOT for a specific review. Either positive or negative. This is what triggers a warning and is viewed as manipulating the system.

Even though it is allowed, and my Success Manager encourages asking for "honest" reviews, I shy away from it. Buyers are asked to leave 3 reviews for each order and Fiverr reminds buyers twice for each type of review (2 private and 1 public). The seller asking for a review is just another annoying reminder and could lead to a buyer leaving a negative private review (which is weighted more than the public review). 

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

Even though it is allowed, and my Success Manager encourages asking for "honest" reviews, I shy away from it. Buyers are asked to leave 3 reviews for each order and Fiverr reminds buyers twice for each type of review (2 private and 1 public). The seller asking for a review is just another annoying reminder and could lead to a buyer leaving a negative private review (which is weighted more than the public review). 

This is a valid point, @vickieito!

Yet, many clients are oblivious to how important reviews are. A short reminder coming from the professional weighs far more than an automated notification.

I usually write "please write a review" in my delivery and I don't mention it again! It has increased my reviewed order ratio significantly.

If you have done a great job and provided good customer service, you owe it to yourself to send a discreet reminder. Auto completions are not fun and they delay the payment too!

I have seen cases here where sellers have asked for buyers to leave a review and its been flagged by the system and the sellers have received warnings from fiverr staff about engaging in review manipulation. Perhaps the posters on the forum weren't being honest about the wording of their request (that's certainly possible), but personally its not worth the risk to me.

19 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thanks for shearing .

Archived