Illegal order cancellation

johnycharlie

1 minute ago, johnycharlie said:

What do you do if a client cancels an order, without asking for your consentr

Unless the cancellation says that Fiverr Customer Support cancelled the order, or there was a chargeback, all other cancellations are mutual. Buyers cannot cancel orders without your agreement.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, johnycharlie said:

What do you do if a client cancels an order, without asking for your consentr better still even not consulting or informing you the reason why? 

Normally you can look an an order and see the reasoning why the client canceled your order.

I once woke up to a series of orders all at once, only to find out every one of them were canceled immediately by the buyer. When I looked into the orders, they were indeed canceled by the buyer (without my consent), but I was able to look at the buyer's reason - she was trying to apply a Honey coupon to the order and it wasn't working. She finally got it to work. 

Luckily none of those orders affected my statistics as a seller.

Take a look at the reason why your client canceled. If it was due to buyer error, Customer Support can help you make sure it doesn't affect your seller statistics. If it was due to seller error and the client had a legitimate reason, it'll be harder to dispute.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Buyers cannot cancel orders without your agreement

... unless you let an order go into "Very Late" status, then the buyer gets the option to simply cancel unilaterally, which also leads to an automated 1*-review by Fiverr in the buyer's name (I've had that happen as a buyer with an unresponsive seller, and could, and finally did, cancel from my side, without involving support). Just adding this as something to pay attention to, for sellers who tend to let orders get late - the buyer doesn't have to but gets the option to cancel, and Fiverr even sent an automated message, telling me they noticed that my order ran late (which I might not even have noticed on my own). So, unless you know a buyer well enough to know they won't cancel, you're taking a big risk with delivering "very late" (I think that means 48 hours after due date, but not sure).

And perhaps also unless a buyer tries to apply a coupon in vain, seeing Vickie's comment.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, johnycharlie said:

What do you do if a client cancels an order

If the client sends a cancellation request without an explanation, you have the option to decline it and/or to ask the buyer why they wish to cancel.

If the clients cancels through Customer Support, there's nothing you can do about it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, miiila said:

unless you let an order go into "Very Late" status, then the buyer gets the option to simply cancel unilaterally, which also leads to an automated 1*-review by Fiverr in the buyer's name (I've had that happen as a buyer with an unresponsive seller, and could, and finally did, cancel from my side, without involving support). Just adding this as something to pay attention to

Indeed. Good point.

• Like 5