Why fiverr also count the paused gigs in user limit ?

awesomedeals

Question

My question is why fiverr also count the paused gigs in user limit , it is not fair, paused gigs are not running so why they count in total gigs limit ?

for example if one of my gig not doing well business then i pause them and run another gig from pause section. and i can also make more gigs and put them in pause section so when i have to run them i will pause current active gigs and replace with them. so it also save time and effort to creat new gig everytime from scratch.

i think fiverr team have to consider on it and make total gigs limit exceptional to pasused gigs. pause gigs are must be not included in total gigs limit.

• Like 15

9 answers to this question

On 8/24/2022 at 8:58 PM, joyh97 said:

Because people can still order from paused gigs. Pausing it just removes it from the search. People can still place orders if they have saved your URL.

If you go to a gig that is paused (on hold) there's no "continue" button on the gig page, so they can't order it through that page (though I don't know if it would allow you to if you had a tab open on the gig page that was loaded before it went paused and you didn't reload the page).

Maybe if someone's sent a custom offer it might be possible to order that way if it's on hold (though I don't know for sure).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

Because people can still order from paused gigs. Pausing it just removes it from the search. People can still place orders if they have saved your URL. People can still order from you if you have sent them custom offers. "pausing" does not deactivate or remove the gig, it just takes it out of search.

Furthermore, the whole point of allowing users more gigs as they level up is to reward them by allowing them to try to succeed in other areas. If you want more gigs, you can work on increasing your levels and delivering quality content. Fiverr wants users to have high quality gigs. They don't want sellers to throw lots of sh*t at the wall just to see what sticks. They are intentionally trying to avoid the situation you are describing (lots of low quality, low effort gigs). They want you to put time, effort, energy, and love into a small area of specialty.

• Like 11

I forward my suggestion to Fiverr Manager through a fiverr support email about lifting the 7 gigs limit from paused gigs and make paused gigs exceptional from this limit. and today I got a reply from them.

======================================================================================

Today at 05:00

I am Luffy and I certainly understand your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to me regarding paused gigs.

We are always thrilled to receive recommendations and improvement suggestions from our community since you are the ones who use Fiverr on a daily basis.

This is a great suggestion and I will immediately forward it to our Product Developers.
Hopefully, this could be implemented someday.

In the meantime stay updated on everything new on Fiverr by following us on social media.

Thanks again, and stay safe!

Tanvir | Customer Support | Fiverr.com
Please review our Fiverr Online Safety Tips.
Try FREE Invoicing, Proposals, and Time Tracking from Fiverr workspace.

=====================================================================================

And i recommend the solution for paused gigs getting orders,  "First of all put a restriction on paused gigs so they can't get orders or they don't show even if the buyer put the direct url of the paused gig in the browser it will redirect to seller profile or Fiverr homepage."

implementation of above rules are now not a big thing in website programming.

I suggest.... you people also ask Fiverr for the above serious issue, it is a game changer for Fiverr and there sellers. it will increase the fiverr revenue too. and why other old sellers are afraid  if paused gigs are exceptional from the 7 gigs limit. After this implement if paused gigs will not get orders and not get in search and even not show if buyer put direct url of paused gig in browser.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

Note:  You want paused gigs exempt from the 7 gigs limit ?  Benefits: You can add your feature/extra gigs in the pause section and whenever you want put your low performance active gig in the pause section and replace it with a new gig in the pause gigs section with just a few clicks. so you don't have to create a new gig everytime from scratch.   ......If you are reading this post and new to this post i suggest you please take 2 minutes and read all messages of this post from top to bottom, Because i raise the very very serious issue on Fiverr and it is a game changer for Fiverr revenue. and make big comfort for Fiverr sellers.  Your positive responses will raise this post high on fiverr community forum. 

Today I got a reply from Daffy (Fiverr Support) on this issue:

DaffyYesterday at 22:19

Hi again, 
Thank you for your kind response and suggestion, My name is Daffy, I am here to help you today,  
All of our user's suggestions are welcome as we want to make our user's experience the best and most convenient, 
However, there is a specific team who works on this kind of request and suggestions, 
we have forwarded your suggestion to our relevant team and I am sure this will work on this, 

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance, Kind regards.

Daffy | Customer Support | Fiverr.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

........................................Waiting for fiverr community responses on this serious issue.

• Like 5

Note:  You want paused gigs exempt from the 7 gigs limit ?  Benefits: You can add your feature/extra gigs in the pause section and whenever you want put your low performance active gig in the pause section and replace it with a new gig in the pause gigs section with just a few clicks. so you don't have to create a new gig everytime from scratch.   ......If you are reading this post and new to this post i suggest you please take 2 minutes and read all messages of this post from top to bottom, Because i raise the very very serious issue on Fiverr and it is a game changer for Fiverr revenue. and make big comfort for Fiverr sellers.  Your positive responses will raise this post high on fiverr community forum. 

Today I got a another reply from Sean (Fiverr Support) on this issue:

• awesomedealsToday at 08:05

Daffy, One more thing i have to ask there is only 1 negative point for Fiverr if they lift 7 active gigs limit from the pause gigs which is space issue on Fiverr server when paused gigs will exempt from 7 active gigs limit, but removing paused gigs from 7 active gigs will increase the Fiverr revenue too much So increasing the space on Fiverr servers for paused gigs is affordable for Fiverr.

And I have a solution for this. Fiverr also put a 10 gigs limit restriction on paused gigs for new sellers so sellers have 2 separate limits, 7 gigs limit on active gigs and 10 gigs limit on paused gigs. total 17 gigs limit. and it will gradually increase as the seller goes to next levels, i request you please also forward this suggestion to your team highers.

Have a nice day.
    Warm Regards

• SeanToday at 10:06
    Hi,
    Sean here and I will assist you today!

I understand that you had another suggestion.

It is important for you that these suggestions are forwarded to our relevant team.

In the meantime stay updated on everything new on Fiverr by following us on social media.

Let me know if you need anything else.
    Take care!

Sean | Customer Support | Fiverr.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

......Please reply your suggestions and comments on this post.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Note:  You want paused gigs exempt from the 7 gigs limit ?  Benefits: You can add your feature/extra gigs in the pause section and whenever you want put your low performance active gig in the pause section and replace it with a new gig in the pause gigs section with just a few clicks. so you don't have to create a new gig everytime from scratch.   ......If you are reading this post and new to this post i suggest you please take 2 minutes and read all messages of this post from top to bottom, Because i raise the very very serious issue on Fiverr and it is a game changer for Fiverr revenue. and make big comfort for Fiverr sellers.  Your positive responses will raise this post high on fiverr community forum. 

3 hours ago, uk1000 said:

If you go to a gig that is paused (on hold) there's no "continue" button on the gig page, so they can't order it through that page (though I don't know if it would allow you to if you had a tab open on the gig page that was loaded before it went paused and you didn't reload the page).

Maybe if someone's sent a custom offer it might be possible to order that way if it's on hold (though I don't know for sure).

i am not sure about it but someone replied on this topic which you also referencing, that's why i give a solution for this problem otherwise if paused gig can't get orders then it is good news. and i think it must be work as it should. if paused gigs are getting order then it is a major flaw.

• Like 4